This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Capital One Savor cards are some of the best cards for dining and entertainment. As the United States reopens, you may find yourself using the Savor Card more often to maximize your spending. Plus, you can now earn even more cashback with new bonus categories. Here’s what new and what you should know about the Capital One Savor Cards and their new perks.
Capital One Savor Cards Perks
The information for the Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card and the Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card have added categories that many of us would likely find helpful. Since the onset of the pandemic, many banks have added bonus categories so cardholders can earn more on their everyday spending.
In addition to these new categories, Capital One also recently announced new airport lounges and transfer partners for select cards (more on that below).
Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card starts adding these purchase rewards on May 18, 2021:
- 4% back on popular streaming services (including Hulu, Disney+, and Netflix)
- 3% back at grocery stores (formerly 2% back)
The grocery store bonus excludes superstores like Walmart and Target that also sell merchandise.
These cashback category additions build on the existing rewards categories:
- 4% back on dining and entertainment
- 8% back at Vivid Seats (through January 2023)
- 1% back on all non-bonus purchases
It’s possible to redeem the purchase rewards for cash back, gift cards, PayPal purchases, and Amazon.com.
New cardmembers can earn a one-time $300 cash bonus after spending $3,000 in purchases during the first 3 months.
There is no limit to how much cashback can be earned. The annual fee is $95, and there is no foreign transaction fee. Along with being a Capital One Savor Card with new perks, it is also one of the best cash back credit cards.
Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card
The $0 annual fee Capital One SavorOne Cash Rewards Credit Card will earn an unlimited 3% on these purchases starting May 18, 2021:
- Grocery stores (formerly 2% back; not eligible at superstores like Target and Walmart)
- Popular streaming services (new category)
In addition to earning bonus cash back on popular streaming services, SavorOne cardholders now earn 8% back on ticket purchases at Vivid Seats (through January 2023).
All non-bonus purchases earn 1% back.
New cardmembers can earn a one-time $200 cash bonus by spending $500 in the first 3 months. There isn’t an annual fee, and the cash redemption options are similar to the Savor Card.
Learn more: Cash Back Credit Cards
New Perks for Other Capital One Credit Cards
It’s not just the Capital One Savor cards that got new perks. Capital One recently announced new travel rewards for the Capital One travel credit cards, including 1:1 point transfers for select airline and hotel loyalty programs.
Travelers booking upcoming flights with Capital One Travel may also have an easier time finding the best flight prices. Capital One Travel uses Hopper, which claims a 95% accuracy rate with future flight and hotel prices and can also send instant price alerts.
While you can combine the purchase rewards from the Venture and Savor cards, both cards can maximize additional purchases. Each card can also make it easier to earn the most travel rewards or cash rewards on purchases.
Learn more: Travel Rewards Credit Cards
The Capital One Savor Cards have new perks that add more value to these cashback cards. Earning bonus points on qualifying streaming services can be an easy way to get more cash back each month. The earnings boost for grocery purchases is a valuable addition to the dining bonus as food is a significant monthly expense for many households.
- Cash Back vs. Travel Rewards Credit Cards
- The Best Gas Credit Cards for Rewards, Cash Back, and Bonuses
- Best Travel Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.