This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is the latest credit card to add fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry. Capital One reimburses the application fee up to $100 every 4 years. If you want to skip the long airport security lines and want a flat-rate business credit card, the Spark Miles can be a good option.
The information for the Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Getting a Fee Credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry
To get this new benefit, you only have to charge the application fee to your Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business account. That fee is $85 for TSA PreCheck (domestic travel) or $100 for Global Entry (international travel). Then, you go through the application and interview process to receive your new credentials.
Capital One only reimburses one application fee every four years. You will need to decide whether you want TSA PreCheck or Global Entry.
TSA PreCheck lets you enjoy expedited security processing at domestic airports. The application process can be quicker and doesn’t require a passport. Global Entry includes TSA PreCheck status and lets you enjoy shorter lines when re-entering the United States on international flights. However, you will need a valid passport and will need to schedule an interview at a Global Entry Enrollment Center.
Other Capital One Spark Miles for Business Benefits
The Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business is a flat-rate business credit card that earns unlimited 2 miles on every dollar spent and offers several travel redemption options. These redemption options include travel statement credits, booking future travel through Orbitz, and airline transfer partners.
Your points are most valuable for travel statement credits and booking future award travel as each point is worth one cent each. The point transfers can also be an easy way to book award flights, but most of the transfer partners have less than a 1:1 transfer ratio. Also, all but one (JetBlue) of the current Capital One airline partners are international carriers.
The annual fee is $0 for the first year then $95 for the Capital One Spark Miles for Business. There isn’t a foreign transaction fee making this a good international credit card option.
Additional employee cards are free and also earn 2x miles on every purchase. However, the fee credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry benefits doesn’t apply to additional employees.
A fee credit for TSA PreCheck and Global Entry benefits are more common with personal travel credit cards so it’s good that this option is available for a business card. Plus, the application fee reimbursement may not be the only reason you use this card. This benefit can be another way you can maximize your business travel using the Capital One Spark Miles.
Learn more: Capital One® Spark® Miles for Business
- Best Capital One Credit Cards for Travel
- Capital One Spark vs. Chase Ink Business Preferred
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.