Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Tessa H. in Atlanta, who shares a trick very similar to one of my own that could help you remember stuff when you travel:
“Lock your car keys in the hotel safe. You won’t drive off without your valuables that way!”
This is the same idea behind one of my most popular tips ever: Put a Shoe in the Safe. With your car keys or a shoe in there with your valuables, you won’t be able to leave the hotel without opening the safe. Thanks, Tessa!
How do you remember your stuff?
Every traveler I know has lost or forgotten something on a trip (here’s what hotel cleaners say they do with forgotten stuff). And from experience, many (like me and Tessa) have picked up tricks that could be of help to other travelers. If you have your own trick that you use to help you remember stuff when you travel, please share it in the comments below!
More help not forgetting…
- The Trackable Wallet That’s Difficult to Lose
- What to Do If You Lose Your Wallet
- If You Lose Your Passport in Austria, You Can Now Find Help at McDonald’s
- How to Remember Your Room Number or Parking Spot
- How to Open and Close Your Garage Door While Away
- This Book Will Prevent You from Forgetting Anything on a Trip
- The Backup Reading Glasses You’ll Never Forget to Pack
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,586!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.