Carnival Corporation plans to start trips from Miami to Cuba beginning in May 2016. The company has just been approved by the US Department of the Treasury and the US Department of Commerce to travel to Cuba.
The company will launch seven-day tours via the Fathom brand, a new social impact brand providing purpose-oriented, social impact experiences. You can read more about Fathom here. Carnival Corporation says it will run travel itineraries directly to Cuba for “people-to-people” experiences with the purpose being to providing cultural exchanges between Americans and Cubans.
The Fathom brand’s first tour with cultural experiences will be in April 2016 with volunteer vacations to the Dominican Republic.
“We are excited about receiving U.S. approval as the very important first step to ultimately take travelers to Cuba under the existing 12 criteria for authorized travel,” said Arnold Donald, President and CEO of Carnival Corporation. “We know there is strong demand from travelers who want to immerse themselves in Cuban culture, so this is a historic opportunity for us to enable more people to experience Cuban society.
Carnival Corporation joins other organizations like CheapAir that have made plans to book US travel to Cuba since the Obama administration announced steps in restoring diplomatic regulations with Cuba back in mid-December 2014. Prices to Cuba will start at $2,990 per person (excluding taxes, port and other government and related fees). The price includes all meals on the ship, onboard social impact immersion experiences, and select cultural immersion activities.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own. For more on Fathom or to book a cruise, call 1-855-9FATHOM or visit fathom.org.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.