Are you planning a trip abroad this year? Anytime you leave the country, you should make sure you’ve checked out the CDC’s (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) Travelers’ Health destination tool before you go. There you’ll learn what (if any) health risks await you in your destination and what vaccinations you’ll need to travel there safely, as well as how to: eat and drink safely, prevent bug bites, stay safe outdoors, keep away from animals, reduce your exposure to germs, avoid sharing body fluids, know how to get medical care while traveling, select safe transportation, and maintain personal security.
Using the tool is fairly intuitive: You simply select the country you’re heading to from the list and read up. If you like, you can tick any of the optional boxes—under “What kind of traveler are you?”—to get information that’s more relevant to you: “Traveling with Children,” “Chronic Disease,” “Cruise Ship,” “Extended Stay/Study Abroad,” “Immune-Compromised Travelers,” “Pregnant Women,” “Mission/Disaster Relief,” and “Visiting Friends or Family.”
The CDC is so trusted on the subject of travel health that there’s even a tool to help clinicians/doctors accurately prescribe medication and inform their patients before they travel internationally. The Travelers’ Health tool is a great resource!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.