This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Are you looking for creative ways to get a travel fix? Perhaps you’ve been watching YouTube videos, listening to travel podcasts, and cooking up dishes from your favorite restaurants abroad. Now, you can also make your favorite American Express Centurion Lounge food and drink recipes from home.
The Centurion Lounge is one of the best airport lounge networks and a valuable Platinum Card from American Express benefit. One of the best Centurion Lounge perks is the complimentary food and beverage. In fact, some travelers plan their connecting flight so they can visit a Centurion Lounge instead of waiting in the terminal.
Related article: What Credit Score Is Needed for the American Express Platinum?
Centurion Lounge At Home Recipes
While you can’t visit a Centurion Lounge, the Centurion Lounge at Home programs brings the experience home. You will find curated recipes from executive chef Dean Fearing and mixologist Jim Meehan. Even if you’re not a Platinum or Centurion cardholder, you can enjoy these delicious recipes.
Three current do-it-yourself recipes are:
- Dean Fearing’s Backyard Chicken (grilled barbecue chicken)
- Dean Fearing’s Guacamole
- Jim Meehan’s Desert Oasis Margarita
Each recipe contains an ingredient list and prep instructions.
These recipes can be a remedy for wanderlust as you can enjoy your favorite dishes from home. You may also decide to try these recipes for a socially-distanced gathering with friends or extended family. Watching epic travel movies can be another way to improve your premium dinner experience.
Related article: Best Credit Cards for After Travel Restrictions Are Lifted
American Express Entertainment Hub
Bringing some of the best facets of the Centurion Lounge home is one way to enjoy summer. You may also consider checking out the American Express Entertainment Hub.
There are many ongoing virtual experiences for adults and the family. Possibilities include:
- Home workouts
- Watching mini-movies, TV series, concerts, and musicals
- Virtual museum visits
These unique experiences continue to add value to your American Express membership even if you’re not traveling.
Related article: Best American Express Credit Cards
There’s no doubt that entertainment and travel look different now than they did six months ago. In addition to bringing the Centurion Lounge and Amex entertainment experiences home, don’t forget your American Express credit card may earn bonus points on more daily purchases. Combining these initiatives can inspire your daily routine and help turn the mundane into something different.
- Using Your Travel Credit Cards As Stay At Home Orders Are Lifted
- Best Travel Credit Cards
- How Major Card Providers Responded to COVID-19
- Admirals Club vs Centurion Lounge
- Check Out the LAX Centurion Lounge
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.