Chancery Court Hotel
British Airways put me up at the five-star Chancery Court Hotel (252 High Holborn London, WC1V 7, EN, United Kingdom Phone: +44 20 7829 9888). It used to be a Renaissance Hotel but is now part of the Preferred Hotel Group so you know it’s swanky. It’s just a block from the Holburn Tube station (take a right out of the station) and the hotel’s grand entrance is right there. Walking down the driveway I noticed a bunch of flashy cars all with signs for Visa since it was the credit card’s host hotel for its delegation. I’m sure Michele Kwan, the former winter Olympic champion, was with them as she checked out the day I checked in.
Walking around London
By the time I got to my room it was around 11 am so I downloaded my emails and took a hot shower so I didn’t get tempted to crawl into the huge comfortable looking bed. Then I quickly got dressed and walked around the neighborhood to explore. It was a typical London summer day – one minute it was warm and sunny and the next it was cool and rainy. When the sun didn’t look like it was going to return I went back to my room and broke my anti-jetlag rule and took a nap. I know it was so wrong but the bed was just too nice and it felt so good.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.