It’s not even a full moon but there’s some bizarre stuff going on in travel today. Or is it every day? That’s what it seems like. Let’s start in Miami at the American Airlines ticket counter around 11:15am local time where Tommy in Hialeah (@Dolphinfan201) posted a 34-second video of two men reenacting a Rocky movie. As you can see from the clip below, there were some serious punches landed.
— Tommy in Hialeah (@Dolphinfan201) June 4, 2021
It seems like Miami is a hotbed of fights lately and I saw a fight almost break out there three weeks ago. You can find that story here.
Even more disturbing is the video of a man attempting to breach the cockpit on a Los Angeles (LAX) to Nashville (BNA) flight. According to FlightAware.com, Delta Flight 386 departed LAX at 11:30am and diverted to Albuquerque (ABQ) at 2:13pm local time.
After two videos posted to Twitter by @1WaySuggs (warning his language is vulgar), you can see the man was zip tied and placed in the last row of a first class seat.
— 💡 (@1WaySuggs) June 4, 2021
That video was followed by another vulgar clip of the flight attendant and passengers carrying him to the back of the plane.
— 💡 (@1WaySuggs) June 4, 2021
It’s obvious the flight attendant was a big guy and was able to control the situation with the help of other passengers. One passenger (@NoKapRich) posted a photo of an emotionally drained purser, with the caption: “@Delta this man needs an award.. just saved the plane. LA flight to Nashville.”
— rich (@NoKapRich) June 4, 2021
It’s been over six hours and the plane still hasn’t continued on to BNA but it’s about to depart shortly and it looks like it will do so with new equipment and flight crew.
Here’s the local news (WKRN) story on the attempted breach.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.