This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
In case you haven’t heard, the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest credit cards have been updated and rebranded. These new (and maybe even improved, depending on your spending habits) credit cards come with several new perks while still offering some of the value that they previously held.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
To complete the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest merger, these two hotel giants have launched these cards. Marriott had a strong partnership with Chase while Starwood had a solid deal going with American Express, which is why the two still co-exist (albeit under different names). American Express will continue to handle the Marriott premium and business cards while Chase will carry the torch for personal and no-fee Marriott cards.
Here are some of the Chase and AMEX Marriott Bonvoy credit cards.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
Marriott and Chase launched the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card. The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card replaced the premium Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Credit Card.
Cardholders will earn up to 17x Bonvoy points per $1 spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels.
Silver Elite benefits mean you can enjoy free in-room premium Wi-Fi at Marriott Bonvoy properties. You also get 10% bonus points on stays, priority late checkout, and no blackout dates on free night awards. You also have access to exclusive experiences.
Additionally, Chase is giving cardholders the opportunity to save money through Chase shopping partner discounts. Inside the Chase mobile app, you can link shopping offers to your card to help you save money. You can also lock or unlock your card from inside the app. The card itself is also contactless.
The Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card also shares its name with the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program. The streamlined loyalty program replaces the existing Marriott Rewards, Ritz-Carlton Rewards, and Starwood Preferred Guest rewards programs.
New cardholders can earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases, plus 10x total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card
The Starwood Preferred Guest® American Express Luxury Card has been replaced with the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. You will still be able to earn points at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties and the 15 free night award benefit. Plus, you can continue converting hotel points to airline miles.
- 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines
- 2 points on all other eligible purchases
Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
They can also receive 1 Free Night Award annually after account anniversary. The award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at participating hotels. This is also one of the best credit cards for free hotel nights.
Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite status is also a perk of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card. There’s also a $100 Marriott Bonvoy property credit that cardholders can take advantage of. To use, they must book directly using a special rate for a 2-night minimum stay at The Ritz-Carlton® or St. Regis®. They will then get up to $100 in credit for qualifying charges.
You also get access to Priority Pass Select (enrollment required) which offers access to over 1,000 lounges in over 120 countries, regardless of which carrier or class you are flying. Additionally, you receive either a $100 statement credit for Global Entry or an $85 credit for TSA Pre-Check. The Annual Fee is $450 (See Rates & Fees).
New Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card cardholders can earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points after you use your new Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, earn up to $200 in Statement Credits for eligible purchases at U.S. Restaurants within the first 6 months of Card Membership.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Marriott Bonvoy Business American Express Card
The Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card has its own set of benefits. You can also redeem Marriott Bonvoy points for flights or car rentals with Air+Car across hundreds of travel partners around the world.
Further details of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, one of the best Marriott credit cards, include:
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program
- 4x points at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers, and on U.S. purchases for shipping
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases
- Terms apply
New Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card cardholders can earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy points after using their new card to make $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 3 months of card membership. Plus, they can earn up to $150 back in statement credits on eligible purchases made on their new Card within the first 3 months of card membership. Terms apply.
Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card cardholders can receive 1 Free Night Award annually after their Card account anniversary. Plus, they can earn an additional Free Night Award after spending $60K in purchases on their Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program. Certain hotels have resort fees.
Cardholders also enjoy complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Silver Elite status. Plus, they can earn Gold Elite status after making $35,000 in eligible purchases in a calendar year.
Formerly the Starwood Preferred Guest® Business Credit Card from American Express, the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card comes with the ability to earn points on purchases specific to your business needs. The annual fee is $125 (See Rates & Fees), which can easily be offset with the free annual night certificate.
This rebrand is one of the last steps in the Marriott and Starwood Preferred Guest merger. With Bonvoy, you can earn and redeem points at Marriott, Ritz-Carlton, and Starwood Preferred Guest properties. With over 6,700 properties to choose from and all the free night award possibilities, there are plenty of opportunities to plan a long getaway with the new Chase and AMEX Marriott Bonvoy credit cards.
- Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express® Card
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card, please click here.
For rates and fees of the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.