This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you have some big travel plans in your future, it might be time to scroll through Marriott’s more than 7,000 hotels and resorts in more than 130 countries and territories. Once you find a few that catch your eye, it’s time to check your points balance.
Chase Marriott Bonvoy Card Bonus
Chase and Marriott Bonvoy have launched two credit card signup bonuses that could prove quite fruitful for getting you out and about for free. The offer involves the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card and the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card. Both the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless and Bold Credit Cards are from Chase.
Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card
New cardholders can earn 3 Free Nights (each night valued up to 50,000 points) after qualifying purchases, plus 10x total points on eligible purchases in select categories.
Cardholders also get automatic Silver Elite Status each account anniversary year as well as 15 Elite Night Credits annually. There are no foreign transaction fees.
The card provides bonus points for using it to make purchases, too. You earn 2x points per dollar spent on all other eligible purchases and up to 17x points on every dollar spent at over 7,000 participating Marriott hotels around the world.
It carries a low $95 annual fee.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Marriott Bonvoy Bold Credit Card
There’s also the Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card that carries no annual fee. It comes with the ability to earn a 30,000 point signup bonus. The points are awarded after spending $1,000 on the card within the first three months of account opening.
The points-earning structure on this card is slightly different. For any travel purchases, 2x points per dollar that you spend are awarded. For eligible Marriott Bonvoy hotel stays, cardholders earn 14x points per dollar spent at over 7,000 participating hotels. All other purchases earn 1x point per $1 spent.
Cardholders also receive 15 Elite Night Credits annually, which qualifies them for Silver Elite Status (restrictions apply). There are no foreign transaction fees either.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Where to redeem points?
Whether you travel overseas or closer to home, there are more than 7,000 hotels in more than 130 countries and territories. This means you can earn and redeem points at a Fairfield by Marriott near the airport or for a night at the St. Regis in the Maldives or Tahiti.
Marriott Bonvoy divides its hotels into eight different categories with a sliding scale of points to redeem for a free night. These will vary, depending upon if it is an off-peak, standard, or peak travel date. The cheapest off-peak free night redemption goes for 5,000 points per night. The most lavish and expensive hotel night could be yours for 100,000 points on a peak travel day. You can also combine points and cash for a free night.
No matter where you choose to spend your points, these point bonuses represent huge cash value if you use them wisely.
If experiences are more your thing, Marriott Bonvoy Moments offers behind-the-scenes access or hard-to-replicate activities that can be redeemed with points. Get lessons from a professional athletic trainer, go backstage at your favorite concert, or learn to cook with a celebrity chef. Each experience is designed by Marriott’s in-house team of event planners.
The opportunity to use points for experiences that money cannot buy is an entertaining way to use your points. And racking up points for signing up for a new credit card, when done responsibly, can be just the way to get you there.
- Best Marriott Bonvoy Credit Cards
- Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Capital One Venture
- Best No Annual Fee Travel Credit Cards
- Best Credit Card Offers
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.