This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Chase and Amazon are currently running a targeted promotion for Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders. Through January 31, 2021, qualifying cardholders can get $10 off their next $30+ Amazon purchase by redeeming 1 Ultimate Rewards point. Additionally, Chase has added several perks to the Chase Sapphire cards (learn all about them in our in-depth Chase Sapphire Preferred Card review and Chase Sapphire Reserve review).
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
What is the Sapphire Amazon Bonus? (Expired)
Select Chase Sapphire cardmembers can save $10 on their next Amazon purchase by redeeming 1 Ultimate Rewards point using the “Pay with Points” redemption feature.
Here are a few key promotion details:
- Promotion ends January 31, 2021, or after the first 45,000 redemptions (whichever is first).
- Only items sold directly by Amazon qualify.
- Third-party fulfillments do not qualify.
- Amazon gift card purchases do not qualify.
As this is a targeted bonus, official details for this promotion are somewhat sparse to the public. For example, it is unclear if this promotion is available to Sapphire members that have paid for Amazon purchases with Ultimate Rewards in the past. Online data points vary.
Targeted Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders qualify for this one-time promotion.
Visiting your Chase Sapphire or Amazon account is the quickest way to see if you qualify for this promotion.
However, you won’t see a link to this promotion on the Chase or Amazon website unless you log into your account.
How to Redeem this $10 Sapphire Amazon Bonus
If you have already linked your Chase Sapphire card to your Amazon Wallet, you may already qualify for this bonus.
Check your email or visit the “Shop with Points” section in your Chase Ultimate Rewards account and look for any active offers. If you qualify for this offer, it will be present through January 31, 2021.
If you qualify, your minimum order amount must be at least $30 in qualifying items. From there, you can redeem 1 Ultimate Reward to get an instant $10 discount.
Normally, each point is only worth 0.8 cents each, making this a great discount.
Add Chase Sapphire to Amazon Wallet to Get Offers
You may still qualify for this offer, even if your Chase Sapphire isn’t linked to your Amazon account.
It’s easy to link your payment card to your Amazon account and see if you qualify for offers.
- Linking your Chase Sapphire account to your Amazon Wallet using this link.
- Log into your Amazon account.
- Enter Chase Sapphire credit card information.
- Read terms and conditions and click “Enroll.”
- Repeat the process for any additional Chase Ultimate Rewards credit cards.
Amazon states it can take up to 24 hours for newly enrolled cards to start qualifying for offers. Additionally, you may check your email for an invitation.
Additionally, a second option is by clicking on the same enrollment link to visit the enrollment page. Any offers you qualify for will appear on the Chase Ultimate Rewards Pay with Points page.
Redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards for Amazon Purchases
Additionally, Amazon lets you effortlessly redeem your Chase Ultimate Rewards for Amazon purchases.
At the Amazon checkout screen, you will see your current Ultimate Rewards points balance. You can choose to redeem your points balance at check out.
In conclusion, if you need to make a small Amazon purchase, it’s worth seeing if you qualify for the Chase Sapphire Amazon bonus. But you will need to act fast. This $10 shopping discount ends by January 31, 2021, on the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card and Chase Sapphire Reserve®, some of the best Chase credit cards you can have.
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Score Needed for Approval
- Which Chase and Capital One Offers Are the Best?
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card Credit Score: What You Need to Know
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.