This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you’re at all familiar with the world of points and miles earning, then you know that the Chase Sapphire family of cards contains some of the most popular cards for earning points to use with a variety of travel providers. Chase Ultimate Rewards points are known as some of the most valuable when it comes to travel redemption. The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the family’s lower-end credit card option (compared to the Chase Sapphire Reserve®).
If you’ve never signed up for the Chase Sapphire Preferred® card before, is now the time to take advantage of this offer? Here’s everything you need to know about the Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k offer.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Signup Bonus Offer
So what’s the sign-up bonus that has the points- and miles-earning world in a tailspin?
New Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card cardholders can earn 100,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $1250 when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. This is the highest bonus offer ever for the Chase Sapphire Preferred!
The Value of All Those Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
Chase Ultimate Rewards points are some of the most valuable when it comes to booking travel via the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel booking portal. There are a number of travel providers to choose from, including just about all of the well-known travel brands, both airlines and hotel chains alike.
If you book travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards portal, each point is worth $0.0125. So, in other words, those 100,000 points are worth $1250. That’s a good $1250 you get to spend on award travel, just for putting $4,000 of your normal expenses on the Chase Sapphire Preferred card. If you don’t want to redeem the 100,000 points for award travel, they correlate to $1000 cash back, if that’s an option you choose.
Many cardholders additionally choose to transfer their Chase Ultimate Rewards points to their favorite airline or hotel loyalty program, for even more ways to spend their hard-earned points. Earning the Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k offer provides plenty of point-transferring opportunities.
Now more than ever, though, Chase is offering cardholders new ways to redeem their points, given that travel is down. Recent promotions have allowed cardholders to receive credit statements for their points, with a Pay Yourself Back feature.
You can also redeem points with retailers, or get your points as cash back — but those don’t give you that same value of $0.0125 per point.
What Do You Get With the Card?
But, after you’ve earned your Chase Sapphire Preferred bonus offer, what are the benefits of having this card in your wallet?
There are a few special earning opportunities running right now. Through March 2022, you can earn 5 points for every $1 you spend with Lyft. Cardholders also get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DoorDash DashPass. Cardholders must activate by 12/31/21 to qualify.
Additionally, cardholders can earn up to $60 in statement credits on Peloton Digital and All-Access Memberships through December 31, 2021. Points are worth 25% more now through Sept. 30, 2021, when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature. Points are also worth 25% more when redeemed through the new Chase Dining hub in Ultimate Rewards, now through Sept. 30, 2021.
The card’s annual fee is $95 per year. It comes with no foreign transaction fees. There’s a range of travel insurance and protection that comes with the card, such as trip cancellation coverage, baggage delay coverage and rental car insurance.
Also, enjoy new Chase Sapphire benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x points on dining, and 2x points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
Should you take advantage of Chase Sapphire Preferred 100k offer?
Yes, absolutely. The annual fee and spending requirement to earn the bonus are more than reasonable. Plus, what you get in return is well worth it.
Before you sign up, however, make sure that you’re not in violation of Chase’s notorious 5/24 rule. This rule prevents you from opening up any new Chase card if you’ve opened five or more credit cards of any type within the last 24 months. You’ll also need a good to excellent credit score to qualify, which is a score between 670 and 850.
Otherwise, this Chase Sapphire Preferred offer is worth consideration.
100,000 bonus: Chase Sapphire Preferred®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Freedom Rewards Card Comparison
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
- Best Metal Credit Cards
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.