This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® is getting new benefits update and not losing any current perks. But its annual fee is also increasing to start off 2020. Let’s take a look at everything that’s changing.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits Update
Lyft users will benefit from the most from the new travel perks. All of these new benefits become available on January 12, 2020, for all new and current cardmembers of the Chase Sapphire Reserve®.
One Free Year of Lyft Pink
Lyft Pink is a relatively new premium membership service Lyft offers its U.S. riders. Membership regularly costs $19.99 per month and all Sapphire Reserve members get one year of free access.
That’s an annual upfront savings of $239.88. You can enjoy these Lyft perks:
- 15% off all Lyft rides in the US
- Free bike and scooter rentals in select US cities (3 free 30-minute rentals each month)
- Priority airport pickups
- Up to 3 waived cancellation fees per month
- Waived lost and found return fees
You can also receive special Lyft Pink member discounts. Sample discounts include premium mode discounts (i.e., Lux or XL), seasonal offers, and partner offers.
Earn 10x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft Purchases
All Lyft purchases earn 10 Ultimate Rewards per $1 spent. Rideshares from Lyft competitors will continue to earn 3x Ultimate Rewards like all other travel and dining purchases. Note that the 3x points for travel don’t go into effect until cardholders have spent $300 on travel.
Plus, earn 5x total points on air travel and 10x total points on hotels and car rentals when you purchase travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards® immediately after the first $300 is spent on travel purchases annually. Earn 3x points on other travel and dining & 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases.
$60 in DoorDash Credits
You will receive $60 in annual DoorDash credits for 2020 and a second $60 credit for 2021. If you use DoorDash to deliver food to your home, office, or hotel room, this credit can reduce your dining budget. Chase will automatically apply these credits to your first DoorDash purchases each year.
Food delivery app purchases like DoorDash also earn 3x Ultimate Rewards points as Chase considers them a “dining” purchase.
One Free Year of DoorDash DashPass
This perk was announced shortly before the various Chase Sapphire Reserve benefit updates. All Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders get 12 months of free DoorDash DashPass.
Normally you pay $9.99 per month for a DashPass. This perk waives the $4-$5 delivery fee on orders of at least $12.
$550 Annual Fee
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® annual fee is $550.
Related Article: Credit Score Needed for the Chase Sapphire Reserve
Existing Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits
All Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers will continue to enjoy these Chase Sapphire Reserve perks and benefits:
- $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass Select airport lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- 50% award travel redemption bonus
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
- Primary rental car insurance
- Trip cancellation/interruption insurance of up to $20,000 per trip
Additional Perks in 2021
Gas station and grocery store purchases will also count towards earning the annual $300 travel credit, through December 31, 2021. Cardholders can also earn up to $120 in statement credits on Peloton Digital and All-Access Memberships through December 31, 2021.
This is in addition to the complimentary DoorDash DashPass subscription that lets cardholders get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees. They also earn up to $120 in statement credits on DoorDash purchases ($60 in statement credits through 2020 and another $60 in statement credits through 2021).
Sapphire Reserve cardholders earn 10x points on Lyft rides, including bikes and scooters. Complimentary Lyft Pink Membership is also available when activated by March 21, 2022. Points are worth 50% more through Sept. 30, 2021, when redeemed for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories with the Chase Pay Yourself Back feature. Points are also worth 50% more when redeemed through the Chase Dining hub in Ultimate Rewards, now through Sept. 30, 2021.
New Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardmembers can earn 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening, worth $900 toward travel when redeemed through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve is still one of the best premium travel credit cards. If you love Lyft and DoorDash, the new perks can be an easy win to score more travel and dining rewards.
- Best Credit Cards for Dining and Restaurants
- 4 Easy Ways I Earned 200,000 Chase Sapphire Reserve Points in a Year
- Does the Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer Lounge Access?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.