This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® now includes Lyft benefits. This premium credit card previously didn’t offer any special rideshare benefits. Now you can enjoy discounted rides, free bike and scooter rentals, and earn 10x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft purchases.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Lyft Benefits
This announcement comes on the heels of Chase offering one year of free DoorDash DashPass membership. These new Lyft benefits start on January 12, 2020.
Free Lyft Pink Membership
The first new Lyft benefit is one year of free Lyft Pink membership. This subscription plan costs $19.99 per month ($239 per year) without the Sapphire Reserve.
Lyft Pink benefits include:
- 15% savings on all car ride modes in the US
- 3 free 30-minute bike and scooter rentals per month (in select cities)
- Priority Dispatch at airports
- Lost and Found fee waiver
- Cancellation fee waiver (up to 3 times per month when you rebook within 15 minutes)
- Special member discounts
This complimentary perk isn’t available to the other Chase credit cards, including the best Chase credit cards.
Earn 10x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft Purchases
Sapphire Reserve cardmembers can earn 10 Ultimate Rewards per $1 on Lyft purchases. All remaining travel and rideshare purchases will earn the usual 3 points per $1.
This 10x purchase bonus lasts through March 2022. The other Chase credit cards that earn Ultimate Rewards points (i.e. Chase Freedom family, Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Ink Business card family) will earn 5x points through March 2022.
Other Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefits
The Chase Sapphire Reserve will continue to offer these benefits.
The second new Chase partnership is with DoorDash. This food delivery app partners with area restaurants for front door delivery. And if you’re a regular DoorDash customer, you’re quite family with the standard $4-$5 delivery fee.
For one year, all Chase Sapphire cardholders get one year of free DoorDash DashPass. This perk waives the delivery fee on most orders above $12.
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardmembers will also get an annual $60 DoorDash credit for 2020 and 2021 ($120 total).
As the Sapphire Reserve is one of the best travel credit cards, you will continue to get these travel benefits:
- $300 annual travel credit
- Priority Pass Select airport lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance
- Primary rental car insurance
All travel and dining purchases earn 3 Ultimate Rewards per $1 spent. However, note that you won’t earn 3x points per $1 spent on travel until you spend $300 in the travel category (essentially using your $300 travel credit).
Your points are worth 50% more when redeemed for award travel on the Chase travel portal. Another option is transferring your points at a 1:1 ratio to airline and hotel partners including United Airlines, British Airways, Southwest, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, and World of Hyatt.
50,000-Point Signup Bonus
If you still don’t own a Chase Sapphire product, you can qualify for a signup bonus of 50,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards. These points are worth up to $750 in award travel. This bonus is yours if you haven’t owned another Sapphire bonus in the last 48 months and can spend $4,000 in the first 3 months.
Chase Sapphire Reserve Annual Fee
To offset the DoorDash and Lyft benefits, the Chase Sapphire Reserve® annual fee increases to $550. This new fee starts April 1, 2020, for existing cardholders that will need to renew their card. The fee increase starts January 12, 2020, for new applicants when these new benefits go live.
Lyft benefits for the Chase Sapphire Reserve include one year of free Lyft Pink membership and earning 10x Ultimate Rewards on Lyft purchases through March 2022. Your other Chase Ultimate Rewards credit cards may earn 5 Ultimate Rewards on Lyft purchases.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.