This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Chase Slate Edge℠ can be a good fit if you want to keep tabs on your credit while also enjoying 0% Intro APR on purchases and balance transfers. New cardholders can also enjoy 0% Intro APR for 18 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers. A variable APR of 14.99% – 23.74% on balance transfers and purchases applies after the introductory period ends.
You can also benefit from this card if you’re building a credit history or rebuilding credit and don’t qualify for the best rewards credit cards. Here’s what you need to know about this Chase offer.
0% Intro APR
One of the best reasons to try for the Chase Slate Edge℠ is for the intro perks.
New cardholders can also enjoy 0% Intro APR for 18 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers. A variable APR of 14.99% – 23.74% on balance transfers and purchases applies after the introductory period ends.
A balance transfer credit card can be worth it if you have a large balance and can pay it off sooner as you’re not paying interest.
Like other balance transfer offers, you will only be able to transfer non-Chase credit card balances to the Slate Edge.
Up to 2% APR Reduction
The Chase Slate Edge℠ also doubles as a low APR credit card. If you can’t pay off the entire credit card balance during the 12-month 0% introductory APR period, you can get an annual APR reduction of up to 2%.
Chase automatically considers your account for a 2% reduction when you make at least $1,000 in purchases by your next account anniversary.
If you qualify for the lowest ongoing APR when you apply, your rate can be as low as 9.74%. However, not every cardholder reaching the $1,000 annual spending requirement will qualify for the full 2% APR reduction.
Up to $500 Credit Limit Increase
Paying your balance on time means you can qualify for a $500 credit limit increase after your first 6 months. If you pay your statement balance on time for the first half-year, Chase will review your account for a potential $500 increase without getting a second credit check.
The automatic credit limit increase can be an effortless way to build credit as your total available credit increases, and your credit utilization rate can decrease.
Secured credit cards also offer this perk. However, as they require an upfront security deposit, they do not provide balance transfer offers.
No Annual Fee
The Chase Slate Edge doesn’t have an annual fee.
However, there is a 3% foreign transaction fee if you use this card outside the United States.
Chase Credit Tools
Cardholders can use some of the other Chase tools to track their credit score and also avoid substantial interest charges on large purchases.
My Chase Plan
The My Chase Plan feature doesn’t charge a variable purchase APR for qualifying purchases. Instead, you pay a fixed monthly fee and split the purchase amount into equal payments.
Chase waives the monthly plan fee during the 12-month introductory period. The monthly plan fee is usually 1.72% of the purchase amount.
This card can earn one-time cash rebates with Chase Offers at participating local and online merchants.
Other Chase Slate Edge Benefits
There are several other additional benefits you can enjoy with this card:
- Purchase protection of up to $500
- Extended warranty protection of 1 year on qualifying purchases
- Secondary auto rental coverage
Learn more in our Chase Slate Edge review.
Who Qualifies for the Chase Slate Edge?
Chase doesn’t disclose a minimum credit score to qualify for the Slate Edge. You may be able to qualify with a fair credit score in the low 600s or higher.
Having a higher credit score can help you qualify for a lower ongoing APR.
This card is likely subject to the 5/24 policy. Chase will take into consideration your recent credit card applications and overall credit history.
The Chase Slate Edge℠ is the bank’s newest balance transfer credit card. As many credit cards are canceling their 0% transfer offers, this card is more unique than most balance transfer credit cards.
- The Best Hotel Credit Cards
- Best Credit Cards to Use For Amazon Purchases
- The Best Credit Cards for Dining, Restaurants, Takeout, and More
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.