This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The information related to the United TravelBank credit card has been collected by Johnny Jet and has not been reviewed or provided by the issuer of this card.
Chase and United Airlines are releasing a new a flat-rate rewards credit card called the United TravelBank card. The new United credit card will earn 2% cash back on every United purchase and 1.5% on all other purchases. And, you won’t pay an annual fee or foreign transaction fee.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
Earn Unlimited Cash Back Rewards (EXPIRED)
The information for the Chase Freedom Unlimited® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
United Airlines has launched the no-fee United TravelBank Card to attract aspiring travelers that want to earn travel rewards yet enjoy the conveniences of a cash back credit card. The TravelBank Card is very similar in appearance to the Chase Freedom Unlimited® which comes with the ability to earn an unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
Redeeming Your United TravelBank Rewards
Redemption opportunities is another area where the United TravelBank shines. All rewards points are cash rewards. Points can be redeemed in $1 increments for United ticket purchases.
It doesn’t matter if you can purchase an entire airline ticket with rewards points or your balance is only $1. You can redeem as many or as few points as you desire on your next purchase. If you want to buy a $250 plane ticket and only have $10 in rewards, you will only be required to pay the $240 difference when you redeem your rewards balance.
Additional Travel Benefits on the United TravelBank Card
You will also enjoy the additional travel benefits with the United TravelBank Card:
- Trip Cancellation and Interruption Insurance
- Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver
- Exclusive Chase membership events
- No Foreign Transaction Fee
The new no-fee United credit card lacks some of the additional travel perks including United Club passes and free checked bags that can be worth paying the annual fee. However, it still gives you access to the best credit card events program, strong travel protection benefits, and you never have to pay a foreign transaction fee or annual fee.
Earn a $150 Cash Bonus
To help sweeten the pot, you can also earn a $150 cash bonus after spending $1,000 in your first three months of account opening. This bonus offer is comparable to the other flat rate rewards cards that earn 1.5% on every credit card purchase. What these cards don’t do, is earn 2% on United flights.
Is This The Best United Credit Card?
That answer depends on your travel habits. The United TravelBank Card is one of the few airlines credit cards that doesn’t charge an annual fee. In many ways, you can view it as a cash back credit card that earns bonus points on United flights. As you can redeem your points almost as quickly as you can earn them, its simplicity will attract occasional and frequent travelers that don’t want the hassle of yet another typical airline rewards credit card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.