If you’re planning to travel internationally, there are some websites you should consult before hopping on a plane or cruise ship. I recommend first checking both the US State Department’s and the local embassy’s websites to find safety information and warnings related to your destination(s).
It’s also smart to cross-reference foreign travel advisories as well—especially those of Australia, Canada and the United Kingdom, as they are allies of the United States and write their information in English.
They very well could provide different information, including handy advice. Some people believe the US sometimes lists a country as dangerous for political reasons, and it’s always beneficial to use more than one source, so dig a little deeper when you’re doing your travel research.
What sites do you find helpful when traveling internationally?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.