Here’s a tip no one really thinks of until you experience something similar to what I did once when I was rushing around, trying to hail an Uber in a hurry. And this tip doesn’t just apply to Uber or other rideshares. It pertains to any app that you think you will use when you travel.
I made the mistake of not updating my Uber app for a while and of course, when I needed it in a hurry, it wouldn’t let me order a car until I had updated the app. Of course, I was at LAX where the T-Mobile service in some parts of the terminal (I’m looking at you T4) are patchy, so I had to find a spot where there was cell service, then wait a few minutes to update it. At best it’s just a slight hassle and might take a few minutes of your time but at worst, if you can’t find a strong enough signal to update your app, you could really be kicking yourself.
You definitely want to do the same and update the apps for the airlines, hotels, cruises and car rental companies you plan on using when you travel just so you have everything up to date and ready to go.
Has this ever happened to you? What app have you regretted not updating?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.