Allianz Global Assistance revealed today that Chicago is, so far, the top domestic destination booked by travelers for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, Cancun, Mexico is the top international destination booked by Americans for Turkey Day. The information comes as part of the full Top 10 Holiday Destinations Report from the leading travel insurance provider released:
Top 10 domestic destinations for Thanksgiving in 2015:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New York
Top 10 international destinations for Thanksgiving in 2015:
- Cabo San Lucas
- Puerto Vallarta
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Paris, France
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Nassau, Bahamas
- San Jose, Costa Rica
Wherever you’re heading this holiday, and whether you travel by plane, train, bus, or car, Allianz Global Assistance offers with the report these tips for holiday travel:
- Before flying or taking the train, type your airline, rail and/or hotel confirmation numbers in your phone.
- Pack only a carry-on to save space in the car or save time of not having to wait for a checked bag.
- The day before traveling by car, pack the car and fill your gas tank that way you’ll be sure to have no delays when leaving the next day.
- As always, allow plenty of time, especially if you are traveling on Thanksgiving Eve.
- If you can travel on Thanksgiving Day, it’s usually less stressful, cheaper and the crowds tend to be less at airports and train or bus stations.
- Thanksgiving week can also present some amazing international airfares, since many Americans travel domestically. Hello last minute trip to Europe!
“As Thanksgiving quickly approaches, we strongly suggest buying travel insurance at the same time travelers book their trips,” said Joe Mason, chief marketing officer at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Travelers may be refunded if they have to cancel their trip for a reason covered by their travel insurance policy. And while Thanksgiving is a popular time for families, Allianz’s classic policy provides great benefits since kids are covered for free and parents don’t pay extra for children 17 years old or younger.“
For more information on Allianz Global Assistance and the policies offered for travelers, please visit allianztravelinsurance.com.
This is a sponsored post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.