Allianz Global Assistance revealed today that Chicago is, so far, the top domestic destination booked by travelers for Thanksgiving. Meanwhile, Cancun, Mexico is the top international destination booked by Americans for Turkey Day. The information comes as part of the full Top 10 Holiday Destinations Report from the leading travel insurance provider released:
Top 10 domestic destinations for Thanksgiving in 2015:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New York
Top 10 international destinations for Thanksgiving in 2015:
- Cabo San Lucas
- Puerto Vallarta
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Paris, France
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Nassau, Bahamas
- San Jose, Costa Rica
Wherever you’re heading this holiday, and whether you travel by plane, train, bus, or car, Allianz Global Assistance offers with the report these tips for holiday travel:
- Before flying or taking the train, type your airline, rail and/or hotel confirmation numbers in your phone.
- Pack only a carry-on to save space in the car or save time of not having to wait for a checked bag.
- The day before traveling by car, pack the car and fill your gas tank that way you’ll be sure to have no delays when leaving the next day.
- As always, allow plenty of time, especially if you are traveling on Thanksgiving Eve.
- If you can travel on Thanksgiving Day, it’s usually less stressful, cheaper and the crowds tend to be less at airports and train or bus stations.
- Thanksgiving week can also present some amazing international airfares, since many Americans travel domestically. Hello last minute trip to Europe!
“As Thanksgiving quickly approaches, we strongly suggest buying travel insurance at the same time travelers book their trips,” said Joe Mason, chief marketing officer at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Travelers may be refunded if they have to cancel their trip for a reason covered by their travel insurance policy. And while Thanksgiving is a popular time for families, Allianz’s classic policy provides great benefits since kids are covered for free and parents don’t pay extra for children 17 years old or younger.“
For more information on Allianz Global Assistance and the policies offered for travelers, please visit allianztravelinsurance.com.
This is a sponsored post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.