Greetings! If you’re following me on Twitter (@JohnnyJet) then you know that this week I was in Connecticut, Toronto and Los Angeles. To prove to my family that I could get to Toronto for under $15, I took Metro North (train) from Rowayton, CT to 125th Street in New York City. That cost $9.25. Then I got on the M60 Bus ($2.25) to La Guardia. Door to door, the trip took 1 hour and 25 minutes, which is just about 30 minutes longer than a $150 car service. Then I cashed in 12,500 miles for an American Airlines one-way ticket to Toronto (I could have flown anywhere in North America for the same amount), and I only had to pay the $2.50 security fee. See? Travel doesn’t have to be expensive! I’ve included a quick slideshow of my weekend in Toronto and also one of my recent trip to London where I attended World Travel Mart – the second largest travel show in the world. I also met Prince Charles while hanging out at the Grosvenor House.
- Stockholm Hotel
- Visit Copenhagen
- Johnny’s Twitter
- Johnny’s Facebook
Note: This trip was sponsored in part by Park Lane Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.