Greetings! If you’re following me on Twitter (@JohnnyJet) then you know that this week I was in Connecticut, Toronto and Los Angeles. To prove to my family that I could get to Toronto for under $15, I took Metro North (train) from Rowayton, CT to 125th Street in New York City. That cost $9.25. Then I got on the M60 Bus ($2.25) to La Guardia. Door to door, the trip took 1 hour and 25 minutes, which is just about 30 minutes longer than a $150 car service. Then I cashed in 12,500 miles for an American Airlines one-way ticket to Toronto (I could have flown anywhere in North America for the same amount), and I only had to pay the $2.50 security fee. See? Travel doesn’t have to be expensive! I’ve included a quick slideshow of my weekend in Toronto and also one of my recent trip to London where I attended World Travel Mart – the second largest travel show in the world. I also met Prince Charles while hanging out at the Grosvenor House.
- Stockholm Hotel
- Visit Copenhagen
- Johnny’s Twitter
- Johnny’s Facebook
Note: This trip was sponsored in part by Park Lane Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.