This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
One Citi AAdvantage credit card is offering a bonus that lets you earn up to 50,000 bonus AAdvantage miles after spending $2,500 in the first 3 months. If you fly American Airlines on a regular basis for leisure or business, this Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® offer is worth considering. Business travelers can earn 65,000 bonus miles with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®.
Citi / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Elite Mastercard
You can earn 50,000 bonus miles after spending $2,500 in the first three months of account opening with the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard®. Citi is also waiving the $99 annual fee for the first year too.
In addition to the 50,000 bonus miles offer, you can also enjoy these benefits:
- Earn 2x miles on American Airlines purchases, restaurants, and gas stations
- Earn 1 mile on all remaining purchases
- $125 American Airlines flight discount after spending $20,000 or more in purchases during your card membership year and renew your card
- First checked is bag free for you and four travel companions on the same itinerary
- Preferred boarding on AA flights
- 25% savings on in-flight food and beverage purchases
- No foreign transaction fee
Plus, you can link your Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite™ Mastercard® to your Apple Pay account for easy checkout at more than 200,000 stores. The free checked baggage benefits and the $125 travel credit alone pay for the credit card if you fly American Airlines.
CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
Business owners can relish the opportunity to earn 65,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 in the first four months with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®. The $99 annual fee is also waived for the first year.
If you can spend $1,000 a month for the first four months, you’ll have 65,000 additional AAdvantage miles in your wallet.
Note that you’re ineligible for this offer if you’ve owned any CitiBusiness / AAdvantage credit card in the last 24 months.
Additional Card Benefits
You should also consider the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® for these benefits:
- 2x miles per $1 spent on American Airlines purchases, telecommunications merchants, cable and satellite providers, car rentals, and gas stations
- First checked bag is free for you and up to four travel companions
- Preferred boarding
- 25% in-flight discount on food and beverages
- American Airlines Companion Certificate after spending $30,000 each card membership year
- No foreign transaction fee
In addition to the benefits listed above, you can also enjoy free authorized user cards (only the primary cardholder pays the $95 annual fee) to earn bonus miles on more purchases. You will also have 24/7 access to the Personal Business Assistant to help you book last-minute travel and other dining and shopping excursions.
When you rent a car, you’ll earn 2x miles for every dollar spent. You’ll also enjoy worldwide car rental insurance that reimburses up to $50,000 in damage if an incident occurs.
On select purchases, you can also take advantage of Citi’s purchase protection benefits that cover up to $10,000 in purchase loss and warranty protection. On select product warranties that are five years or less, Citi will add an additional year for free!
Redeeming Your AAdvantage Miles
Domestic award flights start at 7,500 AAdvantage miles for flights that are 500 miles or less in the continental U.S. and Canada. Assuming you earn the 65,000 bonus miles, you can book up to 8 American Airlines award flights. For short-haul flights, these new Citi AAdvantage Credit Card offers are some of the best deals for a major carrier. Plus, this can easily help you achieve your travel goals.
International Flights to Europe
Flying economy to Europe on American Airlines sets you back 22,500 miles each way. You can also fly business class for 57,500 miles. If your two choices are American Airlines and United award flights to Europe, American can be slightly cheaper if you fly during the off-peak season.
OneWorld Partner Flights
Booking partner flights with American Airlines OneWorld partners can also be a good value for two reasons:
- Avoid fuel surcharges on select carriers
- Fly first-class or business class on other carriers for a better experience
Some of these flights can be purchased online through the American Airlines website, but you’ll have to call customer service for other airlines.
One of the most luxurious examples is flying first class on Etihad airlines from New York to Abu Dhabi for 115,000 miles. You will have to call American Airlines to reserve the flight, but it’s one of the most memorable first-class experiences you can take to Abu Dhabi.
Flying first class on Cathay Pacific is another popular partner flight option. Although you won’t always find an available seat, it can be worth the call to American Airlines to pay with AAdvantage miles. Flying to Japan or South Korea are two of the best award flight options as an economy seat costs 35,000 miles. But you can also book a coast-to-coast North American flight from New York to Vancouver.
South American Award Flights
Flying within South America can still be expensive. Thankfully, American is one of the most affordable carriers for intra-South American award flights, although an economy flight from the U.S. still costs up to 20,000 miles in peak season.
If you’re only traveling within South America, flights can be 6,000 miles when you stay within the same country. American does split the continent into two regions so you will pay 10,000 miles per flight to visit a different country within the same region. You can pay 12,500 miles to fly into the other South American region. Note that this is the same cost as a domestic U.S. flight longer than 500 miles.
Summary of the Citi AAdvantage Credit Card Offers
You can earn 65,000 miles with the CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard®. With so many destinations, American Airlines is one of the most common carriers to fly. You should not pass up this opportunity if you need some extra miles. Plus, you can enjoy additional American Airlines perks on every purchase too.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.