This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Some banks are extending credit card bonus offers this spring as households stay home. A number of banks are giving you more time to earn signup bonuses. Citi is the latest bank to extend bonus offers and benefits, such as the Citi Prestige® Credit Card travel credit.
Citi Extends Bonus Offers – Credit Card Extensions (EXPIRED)
Good news! You have an extra 3 months to earn the signup bonus on new Citi credit cards you open between December 1, 2019, and May 31, 2020.
Instead of having the standard 3 months, you now have 6 months. The one caveat is that you qualify for the standard bonus offer when you apply. This extension is similar to American Express which gives a 3-month extension to all eligible personal and small business credit cards you apply for by May 31, 2020.
So, for instance, instead of 3 months you have 6 months to spend $4,000 to earn the Citi Premier® Card signup bonus. This bonus is the same 60,000 Citi ThankYou points
This 3-month extension applies to the branded American Airlines credit cards too, such as the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard®. It appears this extension applies to the personal and business Citi credit card lineup.
The information for the Citi® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard® has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Related: Best Citi Business credit cards
$250 Citi Prestige Travel Credit
The information for the Citi Prestige® Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
If you have the premium Citi Prestige, it’s easier to redeem the $250 travel credit this year. This credit normally offsets your first $250 in annual travel purchases.
From May 1, 2020, to December 31, 2020, Citi automatically applies the credit to supermarket and restaurant purchases. This credit expansion is handy if you plan on using travel points for your remaining 2020 award travel.
The Citi Prestige is still a premium credit card at its core. You will continue to enjoy these card benefits:
- Earn 5x ThankYou points on air travel and restaurants
- Earn 3x points on hotels and cruise lines (1x points for everything else)
- 4th hotel night free on a 4+ night stay (up to two times per year)
- Priority Pass Select airport lounge access
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Airline point transfers
If you have been thinking about getting a credit card and want to earn the signup bonus, this can be a good time to find the card for you. Because you are getting extra time to earn the signup bonus, you can space out your purchases and pay them off in full.
- World of Hyatt Promos – Free Nights, Extended Status, & More
- Best Metal Credit Cards
- Travel Credit Cards With Good Signup Bonuses
- Best Credit Cards for Amazon Purchases
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.