This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
The Citi Premier® Card is once again offering the card’s highest-ever signup bonus of 80,000 ThankYou points. You earn the bonus after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. This can be an excellent way to earn points that can be redeemed in several ways. Here are some of the other perks that come with this card.
Citi Premier Bonus
New Citi Premier Card cardmembers can earn 80,000 bonus ThankYou® Points after spending $4,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. The 80k bonus points are redeemable for $800 in gift cards when redeemed at thankyou.com.
Do You Qualify?
First things first. The Citi Premier bonus offer terms and conditions state you won’t qualify for this bonus offer if you have received a new cardmember bonus or closed your account in the last 24 months for these Citi credit cards:
- Citi Rewards+
- Citi ThankYou Preferred
- The Citi ThankYou Premier/Citi Premier
- Citi Prestige
You will need good to excellent credit for the Citi Premier Card. You will also have the best approval odds with a minimum 740 credit score which many consider the starting point for having “excellent credit.” It is still possible to qualify with a score in the low 700s, although you may need a higher annual salary or low credit utilization ratio on your current credit cards.
If you qualify, now is one of the best times to apply for a Citi credit card.
Earning ThankYou Points with the Citi Premier Card
You will also earn up to 3 ThankYou points per $1 spent while working toward earning the bonus offer. The Citi Premier® Card offers tiered purchase rewards:
- 3x points on travel including at restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, hotels, and air travel
- 1x points on all remaining purchases
Your ThankYou points don’t expire as long as your card remains in good standing.
Redeeming ThankYou Points
You can redeem your Citi ThankYou points for travel, cash, and gift card rewards. Because it’s a travel credit card, your points are most valuable when redeemed for airfare.
Tip: If you are looking for more options on earning miles for airfare, check out our post on the best credit cards for travel miles.
A potentially more valuable redemption option is the 1:1 airline transfer partners. It’s possible to redeem your points by booking through ThankYou.com with one of these airlines:
- Asia Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Etihad Guest
- EVA Air
- Air France Flying Blue
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
The 1:1 point transfers are a great option for booking international flights, along with these other best credit cards for international travel.
It’s not every day you can earn 80,000 ThankYou points. You qualify for the Citi Premier® Card bonus offer when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. You also qualify if you haven’t earned a ThankYou signup bonus or closed a select Citi credit card in the most recent 24 months.
The annual fee is $95. However, there isn’t a foreign transaction fee to worry about with the Citi Premier® Card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.