This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Do you want a $750 award travel bonus? The Citi Premier® Cardis once again offering the card’s highest-ever signup bonus of 60,000 ThankYou points. You earn the bonus after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. If you don’t qualify for a similar Chase bonus offer because of the “5/24 Rule,” you may consider applying for this offer.
Although you’re not earning Chase Ultimate Rewards points, you still get a 25% redemption bonus when booking airfare on the Citi Travel Center and you have several airline transfer partners.
Citi last offered this 60k bonus during the fall of 2018. The most recent bonus offer was 50,000 bonus ThankYou points with the same $4,000 minimum spend requirement. One downside is that Citi isn’t waiving the $95 annual fee for the first year.
However, there isn’t a foreign transaction fee to worry about with the Citi Premier® Card.
Getting 60,000 Bonus ThankYou Points with the Citi Premier Card
New cardmembers get the entire 60,000-point bonus after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. This bonus is worth $750 when booking airfare using the Citi ThankYou Travel Center thanks to a 25% point redemption bonus. Other non-airfare travel and cash award redemptions are worth $600.
Do You Qualify?
First things first. The Citi Premier bonus offer terms and conditions state you won’t qualify for this bonus offer if you have received a new cardmember bonus or closed your account in the last 24 months for these Citi credit cards:
- Citi Rewards+
- Citi ThankYou Preferred
- Citi ThankYou Premier/Citi Premier
- Citi Prestige
You will also have the best approval odds with a minimum 740 credit score which many consider the starting point for having “excellent credit.” It is still possible to qualify with a score in the low 700s, although you may need a higher annual salary or low credit utilization ratio on your current credit cards.
If you qualify, now is one of the best times to apply for a Citi credit card.
Earning ThankYou Points with the Citi Premier Card
You will also earn up to 3 ThankYou points per $1 spent while working toward earning the bonus offer. The Citi Premier® Card offers tiered purchase rewards:
- 3x points on travel including at restaurants, gas stations, supermarkets, hotels, and air travel
- 1x points on all remaining purchases
Your ThankYou points don’t expire as long as your card remains in good standing.
Redeeming ThankYou Points
You can redeem your Citi ThankYou points for travel, cash, and gift card rewards. Because it’s a travel credit card, your points are most valuable when redeemed for airfare.
Tip: If you are looking for more options on earning miles for airfare, check out our post on the best credit cards for travel miles.
Specifically, booking award flights on the Citi ThankYou Travel Center makes each point worth 1.25 cents each instead of the standard 1 cent per point valuation.
However, a potentially more valuable redemption option is the 1:1 airline transfer partners. It’s possible to redeem your points for more than 1.25 cents each by booking through ThankYou.com with one of these airlines:
- Asia Miles
- Avianca LifeMiles
- Etihad Guest
- EVA Air
- Air France Flying Blue
- JetBlue TrueBlue
- Malaysia Airlines Enrich
- Qantas Frequent Flyer
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club
- Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
- Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus
- Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles
- Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
The 1:1 point transfers are a great option for booking international flights, along with these other best credit cards for international travel.
It’s not every day you can earn 60,000 ThankYou points worth $750 in award travel. You qualify for the Citi Premier® Card bonus offer when you spend $4,000 in the first 3 months of account opening. You also qualify if you haven’t earned a ThankYou signup bonus or closed a select Citi credit card in the most recent 24 months.
Furthermore, this card can also be a good alternative to the Chase Sapphire Preferred if you want a reasonable $95 annual fee and flexible travel redemption options.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.