This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Travel credit cards continue offering more ways to earn bonus points on lifestyle purchases. The Citi Prestige® Credit Card is offering cardmembers the ability to earn 5 ThankYou points per $1 on online purchases, plus cable and streaming services. This limited-time bonus offer lasts through the end of 2020.
The information for the Citi Prestige® Credit Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Earn 5x Points With the Special Citi Prestige Purchase Benefit
The newest Citi Prestige purchase benefit lets you earn 5 ThankYou points per $1 on online, cable, and streaming purchases. This 5x spending bonus goes through 2020. You can earn up to 7,500 ThankYou points ($1,500 in combined qualifying purchases).
Earning the full purchase bonus means that you can earn up to $75 in award travel.
This bonus is available to all Citi Prestige cardmembers in good standing.
Online Shopping Bonus
This promotion arrives in time for holiday spending. For instance, you can earn 5 ThankYou points per $1 on the first $1,500 in online shopping trips for the rest of 2020.
Citi ran a similar online shopping bonus this summer. The promotion returns for the rest of 2020 for your various online spending.
Cable and Streaming Services
If you also pay your cable bill or streaming subscriptions with the Citi Prestige, these purchases earn 5x points. Over 20 streaming platforms earn 5 points per $1, including:
- Amazon Prime Video
- Apple Music
- HBO NOW
- Sling TV
Your streaming purchases can make it easier to earn the full 5x Citi Prestige purchase benefit.
Standard Citi Prestige Benefits
In addition to the limited-time 5x purchase bonus, the Citi Prestige earns ThankYou points purchases. You earn 5x ThankYou points on air travel and restaurants. Hotels and cruise lines earn 3 points per $1. All non-bonus purchases earn 1 point per $1.
As the Citi Prestige is a premium travel credit card, the other card benefits favor frequent travel:
- 4th hotel night is free on a 4+ night stay (up to two nights per year)
- $250 annual travel credit
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- Priority Pass Select airport lounge access
- Airline point transfers
Through December 2020, Citi will redeem the $250 travel credit for supermarket and restaurant purchases. The $300 Chase Sapphire Reserve® travel credit is also covering grocery and gas purchases through Dec. 31, 2021. Expanding the travel credit redemption options can give you more reasons to keep the premium card until your travel frequency picks up.
Redeeming ThankYou Points
Each ThankYou points is worth 1 cent each on the best point redemptions with the Citi Prestige. Earning the 7,500-point limit from the online, cable, and streaming purchases add $75 to your ThankYou account balance.
You can redeem your points for future award flights through the Citi ThankYou Travel Center or getting gift cards.
It’s possible to squeeze more than 1 cent per ThankYou points by transferring your points to an airline transfer partner. As most airline partners are international airlines, booking flights through the ThankYou travel portal.
ThankYou points can also be used for online shopping purchases, but your value can only be 0.8 cents each. You reduce your out-of-pocket costs but award travel and gift cards are the most valuable ways to redeem ThankYou points.
Summary of the Limited-Time Citi Prestige Purchase Benefit
This limited-time Citi Prestige purchase benefit is an easy way to earn bonus ThankYou points for online shopping and streaming. Earning the full bonus lets you get up to $75 in award travel that can help you plan your travels for 2021.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.