Ever wish you knew the inside scoop before visiting a new destination? Now you can! We’ve reached out to our favorite locals and tour guides from all over the world for their insider tips. In the City Insider Q&A, they’ll let you in on the spots that should be on your must-see and do list!
Name: Tanja Bosnic
Occupation: Travel Agency Owner & Manager
City: Dubrovnik (Croatia)
Short Bio: Tanja was born and raised in Dubrovnik, where she also graduated from high school in 1992. After finishing high school, she enrolled in the University of Split, Faculty of Economics and graduated as a Bachelor of Economics of Tourism in 1998. In 1997, Tanja passed the exam to become a licensed guide for Split area went on to work at some of the biggest travel agencies of Croatia. She worked at the Atlas Travel Agency, from 1998-2001 as a guide, commercialist, and Middle East market manager. Tanja continued her work at Elite Travel Agency where she was also in charge of the Department for Meeting and Incentives.
Tanja is a licensed guide for Dubrovnik area and has a degree in Hospitality Management by the American College of Management and Hospitality at the Rochester Institute of Technology, in Dubrovnik. In 2005, she took a break from tourism and became PR & Marketing manager of American College. In 2008, she started her own online agency which deals with luxury villas rentals and provides private, personable customized tours. Tanja speaks English fluently and is proficient in German and Italian.
Twitter: @LuxTravel ltd
Facebook: Lux Travel ltd
YouTube: Lux Travel ltd
Best way to get to/from airport: By car (taxi or arranged transfer)
Best way to get to/from train station: There is no train in Dubrovnik.
Favorite 5* hotel: Hotel Villa Dubrovnik
Favorite budget hotel: Private villas and apartments
5 places visitors must see:
- City Walls
- Lokrum island
- Ston—oyster farms
- Botanical garden in Trsteno
- Visit a local home
Best local newspaper/recommended reading (for finding out what’s going on about town): Best of Dubrovnik
Favorite fine dining restaurant: Galija, Cavtat
Favorite casual restaurant: Rosario, Dubrovnik
Best place to get a coffee: Caffe Arsenal overlooking the Old Port
Favorite bar/lounge: Buza Bar
Best music venue/place to see live music: Trubadur Jazz Cafe
Favorite museum: Ethnographical Museum, War Museum
Best sports venue(s): Waterpolo – Wild League
Most popular local food: Lamb & veal baked “Under the Iron Bell”
Best “locals only” spot: Café “ Libertina,” Town’s café
To live like a local, you must have this experience: Climb an endless set of stairs on one of the streets in the Old Town, while carrying groceries.
Local/native fruit or dish to try: Candid orange peel
Most popular local drink: Wines. Plavac (red) and posip (white)
Movies/TV shows filmed in your city: Games of Thrones, Missing
Best souvenirs to buy/ goods to bring home: Traditional earings
Biggest tourist trap/places to avoid and when: Glass bottom boats—the view actually much nicer above the sea
Best travel tip: Avoid making check lists of places you “ have to see.” Relax and get a feel for Dubrovnik’s history and tradition, and find out what the locals are up to.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.