Pier W is a five-star restaurant and Cleveland landmark, known for its critically acclaimed seafood menu and wine bar. Named one of the Top 20 Best Restaurant Views In America by The Daily Meal, it’s located in the charming suburb of Lakewood and sits on the breathtaking Lake Erie with a 180 degree view of downtown Cleveland.
It’s a full-service, white-table-cloth, contemporary dining experience with a minimalistic interior decor that fittingly resembles a luxury cruise liner. Chic patrons – both tourists and locals – enjoy conversation and an intimate ambiance as they wine and dine.
I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to enjoy a window-front view of the lake and speak with gracious General Manager, Mark Kawada, who took the time to share with us the restaurant’s “fresh sourcing philosophy.” Pier W serves 100 percent sustainable seafood from Hawaii, Alaska, Seattle, Boston and locally in Cleveland and works directly with their fisherman to offer fresh catches daily.
The kitchen strictly follows the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood’s Watch List which supports their mission to protect endangered species. Kawada explained not only does this serve the environment but also allows them to introduce guests to a more diverse menu with delicious and healthy alternatives to over-fished marine life.
The culinary attention to detail was extraordinary, from their basil pesto and lavender-honey butters brought out with hot Italian bread to my entree of Crab Stuffed Gulf White Shrimp served with Yukon Gold mashed potatoes, Haricot Verts and lemon butter sauce (a particularly refreshing meal given the hot summer weather).
Adjacent to the seating area, there’s a funky, cool bar that changes color with light fixtures. They carry the finest liquors, such as Stoli Elit and Louis XIII de Remy Martin. And despite its upscale feel, we were told their happy hour is a bargain – surprisingly one of the most decently-priced in town.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.