The Greenhouse Tavern. What a fitting name for the seasonlly-inspired, French gastropub I had the pleasure of dining at in downtown Cleveland’s East 4th Street.
I was exhausted from my long day of traveling, but I caught the city’s contagious post-work/happy hour buzz as I enjoyed appetizers (Crispy Chicken Wings Confit with roasted jalapeños, scallions, lemon juice and garlic) on the inviting outside patio.
With good eats and good seats, it couldn’t get much better. That is, until I learned about the restaurant’s owner and mission.
Certified by the Green Restaurant Association as Ohio’s first “green” restaurant, Tavern was opened by Iron Chef America’s Jonathan Sawyer in April 2009. Its two guiding principles are that “the proximity of a farm to a restaurant directly correlates to the quality of its food” and “environmentally conscious business practices are fundamental.”
They embrace the farm-to-table movement and effortlessly prove we can enjoy our favorite classics by infusing local grown ingredients to heighten taste, bolster the economy, and conserve the environment. Its rustic decor is also made of previously composted and recycled wood.
The Greenhouse Tavern refutes the “hooty tooty” notions about “eco-friendly” dining. It’s simple, affordable, and extremely delicious.
The Greenhouse Tavern was recently named one of the Top Ten Best New Restaurants in the United States by Bon Appetit as well as Best New Restaurant by Cleveland Magazine.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.