South by Southwest (SXSW)—the massive music (and tech, film, comedy, and gaming) festival in Austin, Texas—is underway, marking the start of a busy few weeks of music festivals in America:
Thousands will be traveling about the country for these festivals, so our friends at Allianz decided to look at the numbers and compare the crowds they’re expected to draw. Of the three, Allianz says, Coachella is set to draw the largest number of attendees traveling by air. Coachella, which takes place in Indio, California, is expected to welcome 46% more flyers than South by Southwest and 89% more than Ultra.
As for where they’ll be coming from, here’s the breakdown Allianz compiled based on flight booking data:
“Each year, Americans shell out thousands of dollars to participate in festivals across the country,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Allianz’s Event Ticket Protector could reimburse up to 100 percent of the ticket price, including taxes and shipping, if you can’t attend an event because you or a family member gets sick, your flight is delayed, you lose your job, or a number of other covered reasons, depending on the product. Alternatively, the right travel insurance plan can additionally protect other pre-paid, nonrefundable costs, like flights and hotels, and assist with travel disruptions, helping you get to your favorite performance in time to enjoy the festival stress-free.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.