I didn’t get to go to the Academy Awards but I did get to hold an Oscar while attending a cocktail reception for the British Oscar nominees last Friday. It was at the British Consul-General’s house in Hancock Park and a bunch of celebrities were on hand mingling with a crowd of 250. The organizers (Visit Britain) asked we not take photos of the stars (Gary Oldman, Kenneth Charles Branagh, Victoria Beckham, Christopher Plummer …) so all the pics I have are of the cute desserts and David Hockney’s newest artwork. It was still fun to rub elbows with some of Hollywood’s finest. Britain’s Secretary of State, Jeremy Hunt, had a great line in his welcome remarks: “Politics is show business for ugly people.” Ha!
P.S. You might also be interested in The Oscars: Vacation On Location in England
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.