Who doesn’t love to stay at a luxury hotel? Unfortunately, not everyone can afford the usually high nightly rates, but thanks to Costco Travel the luxury hotel experience has become slightly more accessible.
In this recent story, Travel Pulse discusses “the discount warehouse giant’s recent move into offering luxury hotel bookings for as much as 20 to 30 percent off,” citing research from both The Wall Street Journal and Business Insider. From the story: “The Wall Street Journal found a one-week stay in June at the Park Hyatt New York for just over $5,000 for two people through Costco Travel. That price was 10 percent less than the cost on the hotel’s own website and seven percent cheaper than the cost on Priceline.com.” Business Insider, meanwhile, found that not all luxury hotels were cheapest on Costco Travel and that Priceline sometimes had better deals. So in sum, you need to keep checking multiple sites to find the best price, but you should include Costco Travel in your search.
Note: You need to be a member of Costco, which costs $60 a year, to use Costco Travel. With membership you get access to the website, where deals are available. And because Visa is the only major credit card that Costco accepts, here’s a recent post on the benefits of Visa Signature cards.
- This Robot Lawyer Will Automatically Rebook Your Flight or Hotel if the Price Drops
- The Best Credit Card to Use for Hilton Hotel Purchases
- An Easy Way to Earn Free Hotel Rewards Points
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Pr
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.