This summer, all the way through September, Couchsurfing will be putting on a series of events that showcase the unique culture, food, special events and adventure of local areas around the country and world. The events are called Couch Crashes, and with a name like that, these events have to be awesome!
How a Couch Crash works
Couchsurfing hosts (locals that live in a select area) organize a four-day itinerary (usually including a weekend), choosing activities that aren’t touristy and instead are perhaps a favorite brunch hangout or a great beach volleyball spot the locals frequent themselves. Some activities on the itinerary take place at the same time, so guests have more than one option to choose from. Then, at the ned of the night, the group usually joins back together to hang out in full. They’ve seen as many as 200 people in attendance at Couch Crashes.
Couchsurfing also hopes that by putting on these events, people can get acquainted with the Couchsurfing network.
There’s a San Diego Couch Crash going on now through July 19 that consists of bonfires, brunch, surfing, a parade, and a bar hop through town. Other Couch Crashes are slated to take place in the Twin Cities, Madison, Buenos Aires, and Milan.
With travelers craving off-the-beaten-path, local experiences, this is a really great idea for events. Think about exploring these places with a local and meeting new friends instead of having a tour guide show you around!
Check out the Couchsurfing blog for more information on upcoming dates and activities.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.