If you’re going to run away to the circus, it may as well be to paradise. Club Med and Cirque du Soleil have joined forces to form Creactive—a hands-on training facility for those interested in experiencing up to 25 Cirque du Soleil skills and theatrics. Creactive opens at Club Med Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic in June 2015.
As a travel writer, sometimes the bucket list forms itself: If I’d known that training with veterans of Cirque du Soleil was a possibility, it would’ve been high on my list a long time ago.
My introduction to the newly formed Creactive was hosted at Cirque du Soleil’s headquarters in Montreal in preparation for its opening at Club Med’s Punta Cana resort in the Dominican Republic. Visitors of the Dominican Republic property will not only enjoy the many amenities the resort already offers, but now also have a chance to be trained in the arts that are uniquely Cirque du Soleil.
The two companies are a perfect match in many respects; one is a well-known purveyor of exotic and luxurious vacations, the other a maker of magical, eye-popping shows, and what they’ve created together is a one-of-a-kind experience for all ages and skill sets.
It was intense and challenging to attempt the various acrobatics, but the care and attention of the Creactive professional performers put me at ease. There was no doubt that they had safety as a top priority, even as they remained highly focused on helping everyone succeed at challenges completely out of the norm.
With the professional coaching of ex Cirque performers, you might be surprised to find yourself doing flips on the bungee trapeze, pushing your body to take command of the German wheel, or trying to master the devil sticks. The theatrical training will give you a chance to allow that inner child to break free and express itself in ways you may not have allowed it in years.
Even a brood of teenagers and tweeners will find Creactive training one to put down in the family annals—and at no extra cost, as Creactive inclusive in the vacation package.
The excitement of Creactive is not a daily commitment for participants, so go snorkeling, play golf, lounge by the pool, or do any of the other Club Med offerings in Punta Cana as you like, but make sure to save time in your vacation schedule to challenge yourself through this unique adventure (not to mention create some impressive vacation photos).
Think about it: When will you have the opportunity to make this kind of memory again?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.