This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Choosing the best credit card can be difficult when your favorite options have many similar features. When you can’t decide which card to go for, you may consider choosing the highest signup bonus. Additionally, several top travel credit cards also have incredible 100k bonus offers—the highest offers we’ve ever seen on some of these cards! Let’s look at which credit card has the highest bonus and which card can work for you.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Which Credit Card Has the Highest Bonus?
As previously mentioned, there are several incredible offers available now. Plus, several cards on this list have recently been upgraded and revamped, adding more value for cardholders. Here is a preview of cards featured:
- Premium travel credit card: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Airline credit card: United Quest℠ Card
- Cash back credit card: Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Small business credit card: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
The Platinum Card from American Express (Up to 150,000 Points)
The Platinum Card® from American Express has the highest welcome bonus in the premium travel credit card category.
This bonus has two different parts:
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards after spending $6,000 in the first 6 months
- And 10x Membership Rewards on restaurants worldwide and Shop Small in the U.S. purchases in the first 6 months (on the first $25,000 then 1x points)
The 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards are worth $1,000 in travel rewards and gift cards.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
The welcome offer may also be one of the best bonuses you may receive if you qualify for the targeted 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards ($1,500 value).
In addition to the massive bonus, the Platinum Card offers a host of travel and retail perks. Get the full details and learn more in our in-depth The Platinum Card from American Express review.
The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400.
United Quest Card (70,000 Miles)
New United Quest℠ Card cardholders can earn 70,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months their account is open.
Other United Quest Card benefits include:
- $125 annual United purchase credit
- Two free checked bags for the primary cardmember and 1 companion
- Two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits when booking award flights
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- 25% back on United in-flight purchases
Earn 3x miles on United® purchases, 2x miles on dining, select streaming services & all other travel, 1x on all other purchases.
The annual fee is $250 for the primary card and $0 for additional cards.
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Cash back credit cards without an annual fee like the Chase Freedom Unlimited® can give you more flexibility with how you redeem your purchase rewards.
The ongoing cash back categories for the Chase Freedom Unlimited are unlimited:
- 5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 3% cash back at restaurants, including takeout and eligible delivery services
- 3% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 1.5% cash back on all other purchases
You can redeem your rewards for cash, travel, and gift cards with a redemption value of 1 cent. If you have a Chase Sapphire card, you can transfer your Freedom points to your Sapphire account to get the travel redemption bonus (25% or 50%) and 1:1 point transfers.
New Chase Freedom Unlimited® cardholders can earn an additional 1.5% cash back on everything they buy (on up to $20,000 spent in the first year) – worth up to $300 cash back! That means new cardholders can enjoy:
- 6.5% cash back on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards® (Chase’s premier rewards program that lets you redeem rewards for cash back, travel, gift cards, and more)
- 4.5% cash back on drugstore purchases
- 4.5% on dining at restaurants (including takeout and eligible delivery service)
- 3% on all other purchases
New cardholders earn this extra 1.5% cash back on up to $20,000 spent in the first year.
Honorable Mention: The Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express earns 6% Cash Back at U.S. supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1%). Cardholders also earn 6% Cash Back on select U.S. streaming subscriptions, 3% Cash Back at U.S. gas stations and on transit (including taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more), and 1% Cash Back on other purchases.
Cardholders can also enjoy $0 plan fees when using Plan It® to split up large purchases into monthly installments. Pay $0 plan fees on plans created during the first 12 months after account opening. Plans created after that will have a plan fee up to 1.33% of each purchase amount moved into a plan based on the plan duration, the APR that would otherwise apply to the purchase, and other factors.
The welcome bonus is the ability to earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months. There is a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95 (See Rates & Fees).
You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits.
Learn more: Cash Back Credit Cards
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card (100,000 Points)
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is offering 100,000 Ultimate Rewards ($1,250 value) after spending $15,000 in the first 3 months.
In addition to being the best bonus offer for small business credit cards, you can enjoy some amazing perks:
- Earn up to 3x points on business purchases, including travel
- 25% travel redemption bonus
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim)
Learn all about it in our Chase Ink Business Preferred review. The annual fee is $95 for the primary card and $0 for additional cards.
These signup bonuses give you some extra points to book an award trip sooner and also increase the spending power on your initial purchases. You can also enjoy some valuable ongoing benefits that can make keeping the card worth it in the long term.
- What are the best credit cards for flight bookings?
- 10 Exciting Credit Cards With Travel Rewards
- Best Credit Card Rewards for Road Trips
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.