This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Choosing the best credit card can be difficult when your favorite options have many similar features. When you can’t decide which card to go for, you may consider choosing the highest signup bonus. Additionally, several top travel credit cards also have incredible 100k bonus offers—the highest offers we’ve ever seen on some of these cards! Let’s look at which credit card has the highest bonus and which card can work for you.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americanexpress.com to learn more.
Which Credit Card Has the Highest Bonus?
As previously mentioned, there are several incredible offers available now. Plus, several cards on this list have recently been upgraded and revamped, adding more value for cardholders. Here is a preview of cards featured:
- Consumer travel credit card: Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Premium travel credit card: The Platinum Card® from American Express
- Hotel credit card: IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card
- Airline credit card: United Quest℠ Card
- Cash back credit card: Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Small business credit card: Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (100,000 Points)
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is currently offering its highest-ever signup bonus. This bonus offer is also the best of the largest signup bonuses for consumer travel credit cards.
You can earn 100,000 Ultimate Rewards worth $1,250 in travel rewards after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months.
Usually, a bonus of this amount is for premium travel credit cards. However, the Chase Sapphire Preferred only has a $95 annual fee for the primary card and $0 per authorized user.
There are new Sapphire Preferred benefits too.
Card benefits include:
- Earn up to 5x Ultimate Rewards on travel purchases
- Earn 3x points on dining
- 10% anniversary points bonus each card renewal on earnings for the past 12 months
- $50 annual hotel credit on Ultimate Rewards bookings
You also have flexible redemption options. Each point is worth 25% more when booking award travel on Ultimate Rewards (1.25 cents each). The other travel redemption option is 1:1 point transfers to airline and hotel travel partners.
Learn more about this top card in our Chase Sapphire Preferred review.
The Platinum Card from American Express (Up to 150,000 Points)
The Platinum Card® from American Express has the highest welcome bonus in the premium travel credit card category.
This bonus has two different parts:
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards after spending $6,000 in the first 6 months
- And 10x Membership Rewards on restaurants worldwide and Shop Small in the U.S. purchases in the first 6 months (on the first $25,000 then 1x points)
The 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards are worth $1,000 in travel rewards and gift cards.
Learn more: Johnny Jet Recommended Credit Cards
The welcome offer may also be one of the best bonuses you may receive if you qualify for the targeted 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards ($1,500 value).
In addition to the massive bonus, the Platinum Card offers a host of travel and retail perks.
Some of the best benefits include:
- Airline fee credit: Up to $200 per year (terms apply)
- Hotel credit: Up to $200 per year on American Express Travel prepaid bookings (terms apply)
- Uber Cash: Up to $200 per year for rides and eats (terms apply; enrollment required)
- Digital entertainment credit: Up to $20 per month on select services ($240/year; enrollment required)
- Equinox fitness credit: Up to $25 per month (enrollment required)
- Global Entry or TSA Precheck application fee credit (terms apply)
- CLEAR application fee credit (terms apply; enrollment required)
- Free airport lounge access: Centurion, Priority Pass, Delta Sky Club, and more (terms apply; enrollment may be required)
- Saks Fifth Avenue: Two $50 semi-annual statement credits (terms apply; enrollment required)
- Terms apply
Get the full details and learn more in our in-depth The Platinum Card from American Express review.
The annual fee is $695 (See Rates & Fees) but can be offset with the perks, which are valued at over $1,400.
IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (150,000 Hotel Points)
The IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card lets you receive 150,000 IHG points (up to 30 free nights) after the first $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months. Plus, the introductory annual fee is $0 for the first 12 months and then $89 each card anniversary.
IHG award nights start at 5,000 points per night but most properties require 15,000-35,000 points. You can find excellent ways to redeem IHG points at popular destinations across the United States.
Valuable card benefits include:
- Earn up to 10x IHG points on purchases
- One anniversary night each card renewal (40,000 points or less)
- 4th reward night on 4+ night award stays
- IHG Platinum Elite loyalty status
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck application fee credit
- No foreign transaction fee
The annual free night certificate can be an easy way to offset the annual fee and is redeemable for any night of the week at participating properties.
Related: IHG Rewards Club Premier Review
United Quest Card (80,000 Miles)
New United Quest℠ Card cardholders can earn 80k bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months of their account opening.
There are several other airline credit cards offering 100,000 bonuses. Your preferred airline might make the list.
Other United Quest Card benefits include:
- $125 annual United purchase credit
- Two free checked bags for the primary cardmember and 1 companion
- Two 5,000-mile anniversary award flight credits when booking award flights
- Global Entry or TSA PreCheck fee credit
- 25% back on United in-flight purchases
Earn 3x miles on United® purchases, 2x miles on dining, select streaming services & all other travel, 1x on all other purchases.
The annual fee is $250 for the primary card and $0 for additional cards.
Chase Freedom Unlimited ($200 Bonus Cash)
Cash back credit cards without an annual fee like the Chase Freedom Unlimited® can give you more flexibility with how you redeem your purchase rewards.
You can get $200 cash back after spending $500 in the first 3 months.
The card is also offering 5% back on grocery store purchases in the first 12 months (not including Target® or Walmart® purchases) on the first $12,000 spent in the first year, then 1.5% back.
The ongoing cash back categories for the Chase Freedom Unlimited are:
- 5% back on travel purchases on Ultimate Rewards
- 3% back on dining and drugstore purchases
- 1.5% back on all remaining purchases
You can redeem your rewards for cash, travel, and gift cards with a redemption value of 1 cent. If you have a Chase Sapphire card, you can transfer your Freedom points to your Sapphire account to get the travel redemption bonus (25% or 50%) and 1:1 point transfers.
Honorable Mention: The Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express
While $200 is the highest bonus for $0 annual fee cashback credit cards, the honor of the highest cash rewards bonus actually goes to The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express.
Its current bonus is worth up to $350 bonus cash (in the form of statement credits). New cardholders can earn 20% back on Amazon.com purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back. Plus, earn $150 back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. You will receive cash back in the form of statement credits. There is also a $0 intro annual fee (See Rates & Fees) for the first year, then $95. However, you must be willing to pay $95 each card anniversary.
Your purchases can earn up to 6% cash back.
Learn more: Cash Back Credit Cards
Ink Business Preferred Credit Card (100,000 Points)
The Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card is offering 100,000 Ultimate Rewards ($1,250 value) after spending $15,000 in the first 3 months.
In addition to being the best bonus offer for small business credit cards, you can enjoy some amazing perks:
- Earn up to 3x points on business purchases, including travel
- 25% travel redemption bonus
- 1:1 airline and hotel point transfers
- Cell phone protection (up to $600 per claim)
Learn all about it in our Chase Ink Business Preferred review. The annual fee is $95 for the primary card and $0 for additional cards.
These signup bonuses give you some extra points to book an award trip sooner and also increase the spending power on your initial purchases. You can also enjoy some valuable ongoing benefits that can make keeping the card worth it in the long term.
- What are the best credit cards for flight bookings?
- 10 Exciting Credit Cards With Travel Rewards
- Best Credit Card Rewards for Road Trips
For rates and fees of The Platinum Card® from American Express, please click here.
For rates and fees of The Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
- 1 Which Credit Card Has the Highest Bonus?
- 2 Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (100,000 Points)
- 3 The Platinum Card from American Express (Up to 150,000 Points)
- 4 IHG Rewards Club Premier Credit Card (150,000 Hotel Points)
- 5 United Quest Card (80,000 Miles)
- 6 Chase Freedom Unlimited ($200 Bonus Cash)
- 7 Ink Business Preferred Credit Card (100,000 Points)
- 8 Summary