This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Travel is on pause, but the miles and credit card perks that come with certain travel credit cards still hang in the balance. Thankfully, many travel brands have stepped up. They have assured us that we will still have the chance to use the benefits we have earned through flying, hotel stays, and credit card loyalty.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americnexpress.com to learn more.
Credit Card Perks Extended Due to COVID-19
Elite status extensions are a big relief for many travelers, but this article looks beyond miles and points. So, if you’re looking for news on the bonuses you may have earned with credit cards, here’s what you can expect. There are sure to be more changes and extensions to come over the year.
Delta Air Lines
Existing Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) rollover to 2021. This will hopefully make it easier to requalify for 2022 status. So, if you have one of the Delta Credit Cards from American Express that incentivizes big spenders with bonus MQMs, you can carry those over to next year, too.
As you can see, many of the major travel companies are working to help their loyal travelers. Therefore, look out for news or emails from loyalty programs. As we get further into the summer months, you may see more companies announcing extensions or special perks.
- How Coronavirus Affects Travel Insurance
- Benefits Of Credit Cards That Can Help You As We Manage Coronavirus
- Coronavirus And Safe Shopping With Your Credit Card
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.