This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Travel is on pause, but the miles and credit card perks that come with certain travel credit cards still hang in the balance. Thankfully, many travel brands have stepped up. They have assured us that we will still have the chance to use the benefits we have earned through flying, hotel stays, and credit card loyalty.
Terms apply to American Express benefits and offers. Visit americnexpress.com to learn more.
Credit Card Perks Extended Due to COVID-19
Elite status extensions are a big relief for many travelers, but this article looks beyond miles and points. So, if you’re looking for news on the bonuses you may have earned with credit cards, here’s what you can expect. There are sure to be more changes and extensions to come over the year.
If you have a companion certificate with an eligible Alaska Airlines co-branded credit card, its expiration is being extended until Dec. 31, 2020.
Delta Air Lines
Existing Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) rollover to 2021. This will hopefully make it easier to requalify for 2022 status. So, if you have one of the Delta Credit Cards from American Express that incentivizes big spenders with bonus MQMs, you can carry those over to next year, too.
Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card
For example, the Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card is great for frequent business flyers. Spend $25,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and earn 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs), up to 2x per year, getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different from the miles you earn toward flights.
For a limited time, new cardholders can earn 90,000 bonus miles, 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs), and a $100 statement credit after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 11/10/21.
The annual fee is $250 (See Rates & Fees). Terms apply.
You can learn more about Delta credit cards in our detailed review.
The anniversary night certificates that come with eligible IHG Rewards Club credit cards are getting an extension. You can use certificates with expiration dates post-March 1, 2020, any time in 2020. Additionally, certificates you earn in 2020 will get an 18-month redemption period. IHG® Rewards Club Premier Credit Card cardholders should check if they are eligible.
The e-certs that come with the Radisson Rewards™ Premier Visa Signature® Card are getting an extension. Any certificate expiring between March 1, 2020, and July 31, 2020, will have its expiration extended to June 30, 2021.
The information for the Radisson Rewards™ Premier Visa Signature® Card has been collected independently by Johnny Jet and has not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
United is lowering the Premier Qualifying Points (PQP) requirements for elite status in the coming year. Additionally, United credit cards are getting a nice boost. Between May 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, MileagePlus members with the Chase United℠ Explorer Card will earn double PQPs on spending this year. Those with the United Club cards will receive triple PQPs on spending.
If you have current unused Free Night awards (like those that come with The World of Hyatt Credit Card) or Suite Upgrade or Club Lounge Access awards, their validity is being extended. Further, those that expire between March 1, 2020, and Dec. 31, 2020, now extend until Dec. 31, 2021.
Learn more: Hotel Rewards Credit Cards
Summary Credit Card Perks Extended Due to COVID-19
As you can see, many of the major travel companies are working to help their loyal travelers. Therefore, look out for news or emails from loyalty programs. As we get further into the summer months, you may see more companies announcing extensions or special perks.
- How Coronavirus Affects Travel Insurance
- Benefits Of Credit Cards That Can Help You As We Manage Coronavirus
- Coronavirus And Safe Shopping With Your Credit Card
For rates and fees of Delta SkyMiles® Platinum Business American Express Card, please click here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.