Each Friday, we feature a reader-submitted tip as our Travel Tip of the Day. This week’s tip comes from reader Elisse, who says:
“Prior to cruising we always join the CruiseCritic.com ‘Roll Call‘ board for our cruise, and we share info on fun things to do in the various ports. I have shared info on cooking classes and other fun things we were going to book (spear fishing in St. Thomas, dinner on the beach and riding trikes in Aruba, jet-ski fishing in Grand Cayman, etc.), and on one cruise we were able to join a GREAT private tour to a remote village in Panama by dugout canoe through another cruiser on the board!”
Thanks for the great tip, Elisse! I love CruiseCritic but didn’t know about the Roll Call tool. Just keep in mind that if you book a private tour and you’re late getting back to the ship, the cruise won’t wait for you, which means you’ll have to find your way to the next port on your own dime. That reminds me of the time my wife lost her passport while we were cruising in Estonia. It was a nightmarish three hours. Here’s her story.
- Get to Know the Other Tour Participants
- How the Port of Seattle Makes Life Easier for Cruisers
- Travel Book of the Week: “How Six Women Executives Steer the Cruise Industry Today” by Cindy Bertram
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,481!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.