Crystal River Cruises has unveiled a new type of vessel that looks like a yacht from the outside with larger accommodations inside. The ultra-luxury cruise line’s new vessel, built by German shipyard Lloyd Werft, plans to set sail in Europe in late March 2017.
The ship will still have the company’s signature all-inclusive, six-star service, but the itineraries it will serve will be spiced up a bit, and the look and feel of the ship experience will change. The new Crystal River Cruises ship will have 70 suites and feature two 500 square-foot penthouse suites and 250-square-foot guest rooms with king sized beds and walk-in closets.
River cruising: still growing
The river cruising boom is certainly continuing, and Crystal River Cruises is just one example. You know those of us at Johnny Jet enjoy going on river cruises, as gleaned from recent posts here, here and here. We like the unique experience that we are offered. River cruises allow travelers to more completely immerse themselves in the destinations visited, while maintaining the convenience of keeping their belongings on the ship and not worrying about transportation. Plus, the views from a river cruise show cities from a unique vantage point.
“The beauty of river cruising is not only that travelers enjoy close-up access to more fascinating inland locales, but also that the rivers themselves are coveted destinations that shouldn’t be overlooked,” says Crystal President and CEO Edie Rodriguez. “Our guests will have the opportunity to revel in the unique environment that sets river cruising apart from other travel experiences.”
While the updated itineraries aren’t out yet, the cruise line says it will sail along the rivers in central Europe, including in France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria. Prices and itineraries will be announced by December 1, 2015.
For more details, check out crystalcruises.com or call 888-799-4625.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.