Crystal River Cruises has unveiled a new type of vessel that looks like a yacht from the outside with larger accommodations inside. The ultra-luxury cruise line’s new vessel, built by German shipyard Lloyd Werft, plans to set sail in Europe in late March 2017.
The ship will still have the company’s signature all-inclusive, six-star service, but the itineraries it will serve will be spiced up a bit, and the look and feel of the ship experience will change. The new Crystal River Cruises ship will have 70 suites and feature two 500 square-foot penthouse suites and 250-square-foot guest rooms with king sized beds and walk-in closets.
River cruising: still growing
The river cruising boom is certainly continuing, and Crystal River Cruises is just one example. You know those of us at Johnny Jet enjoy going on river cruises, as gleaned from recent posts here, here and here. We like the unique experience that we are offered. River cruises allow travelers to more completely immerse themselves in the destinations visited, while maintaining the convenience of keeping their belongings on the ship and not worrying about transportation. Plus, the views from a river cruise show cities from a unique vantage point.
“The beauty of river cruising is not only that travelers enjoy close-up access to more fascinating inland locales, but also that the rivers themselves are coveted destinations that shouldn’t be overlooked,” says Crystal President and CEO Edie Rodriguez. “Our guests will have the opportunity to revel in the unique environment that sets river cruising apart from other travel experiences.”
While the updated itineraries aren’t out yet, the cruise line says it will sail along the rivers in central Europe, including in France, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Serbia, Romania, and Bulgaria. Prices and itineraries will be announced by December 1, 2015.
For more details, check out crystalcruises.com or call 888-799-4625.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.