CVS waives fee for home delivery of prescription medications (Courtesy: CVS Health)
Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to disrupt life for many people around the globe, from school closures and cancellations of major conferences and events, to flight cancellations and Italy’s complete lockdown.
Close to home, coronavirus is impacting people in other ways that affect daily life. So I was happy to hear that CVS is doing its part to help people who are sick get their medications. On Monday, CVS Health Corp announced that they would waive the fee for home delivery of prescription medications. This comes in response to the CDC’s advice that people who are at greater risk stay home and try to minimize contact with others. Here’s the CVS RX delivery page, where you can set things up. (You can also get CVS prescriptions delivered via Shipt, which Natalie wrote about here.)
I’m happy about this because it’s especially helpful for people like my dad, who’s 91 and definitely vulnerable to COVID-19. Being able to get his prescription medications delivered free of charge is one less thing for us to worry about.
The CDC offers lots of advice on preparing for the coronavirus outbreak and staying healthy but here’s what they have to say as it pertains to prescription medications:
Have supplies on hand
- Contact your healthcare provider to ask about obtaining extra necessary medications to have on hand in case there is an outbreak of COVID-19 in your community and you need to stay home for a prolonged period of time.
- If you cannot get extra medications, consider using mail-order for medications.
- Be sure you have over-the-counter medicines and medical supplies (tissues, etc.) to treat fever and other symptoms. Most people will be able to recover from COVID-19 at home.
- What to Know About Riding the NYC Subway During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- How to Avoid Getting Sick on a Flight During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- 5 Tips for Staying Safe From Coronavirus
- Now Is a Good Time to Remember to Pack Extra Medication
- What to Know Before Wearing a Face Mask on a Plane
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,664!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.