Waking up this morning, residents in Lennox Head, New South Wales saw a familiar scene from the movie Sharknado.
A four-foot shark washed up on the shore of an east coast Australian beach today. Photos of the shark made its way around social media.
How did the shark get there?
Northern Australia was just pounded by two cyclones – Cyclone Lan and Cyclone Marcia – causing evacuations. Thousands of locals are dealing with power outages and even damage to houses.
Most recently, Cyclone Marcia had wind gusts of up to 180 miles per hour – equivalent to a category 5 hurricane in the U.S. Good news is that the storms are weakening and there are no reported injuries.
Hopefully Australians won’t see Tara Reid running down the beach next.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.