Looking for a pool party or a hotel pool to hang out at, on an upcoming trip or at home? Daycation can help.
Daycation is an online tool and iOS app that helps you find a hotel pool to hang out at on a summer day. Each search turns up hotel daypasses, daybeds and cabanas that are available to non-guests. You enter the name of the city you’re in or you’ll be in, and Daycation will return you bookable options. And with each option (hotel), you’ll see what perks/access you’re paying for (and not paying for).
Here’s how Daycation describes itself on its website: “At Daycation we have curated a network of beautiful, on-demand hotel amenities that you can reserve and unlock via our web and mobile apps. Our goal is to provide you with the feeling of instant vacation, realized through a social and relaxing day experience at an amazing partner property.”
To see how it works, I searched for options in Miami on August 7 (tomorrow). As seen below, Daycation returned 16 hotels that I could book space at and the cost of each.
I clicked the Generator Miami, and I could see that there were three experiences I could book there: a daypass ($15), a premium daypass ($25) and a daybed ($50). I could also see a short description of the hotel, its amenities (including restaurants), its location on an interactive map, the hours I’d have pool access for, parking info, and even reviews from users that have booked at the hotel pool in the past.
It looks like Daycation charges a small transaction fee, and tax is added at checkout. But if you want to find a hotel pool or just a fun summer day, give Daycation a look.
More pool help
- How to Rent a Pool Near You by the Hour
- Portable Speakers to Bring to the Pool, Beach or Boat This Summer
- How Swimming in a Pool Could Get You Sick
- Important Advice About Swimming in the Caribbean and Elsewhere
- Grab One of These Plane-Themed Floats Before Your Next Swim
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.