This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
If you relax in The Centurion Lounge before your flight, you may be happy to know that there will now be a 16th lounge to visit. American Express has announced that they will be opening their newest The Centurion Lounge at Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA) in Washington, D.C. Additionally, they will be expanding their lounges at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA) and San Francisco International Airport (SFO).
DCA Centurion Lounge
Travelers to and from the nation’s capital may get to enjoy the new DCA Centurion Lounge, which will be located in National Hall near Terminal B. With elements inspired by the city’s history, this 11,500+ square feet lounge will be a welcome refuge. Additional design details include floor-to-ceiling windows to give visitors a view of the airfield.
Amenities that will also be featured include complimentary food and custom bar menu, premium restrooms, shower suites, noise-buffering workspaces, high-speed WiFi access, and more.
DCA is also working on a $1 billion capital improvement project.
The Seattle-Tacoma International Airport The Centurion Lounge will not only be triple its current size, but it will also be relocated to the mezzanine level of the Central Terminal. In addition to the airfield views and the Olympic Mountains, the lounge will also have new seating areas to get the most out of the scenery of the open-air atrium lounge location. There will also be more restrooms, noise-buffering workspaces, private rooms for phone calls, cozy nooks, and more.
The expansion at San Francisco International Airport will include a new seasonal menu of dishes celebrating the Bay Area from Liholiho Yacht Club Executive Chef Ravi Kapur. Additional amenities include a second bar and cafe area, more restrooms, more private workspaces, and private phone rooms.
The expanded lounge, located in Terminal 3, will be nearly double its current size.
Access to The Centurion Lounge
If you would like to be able to access one of The Centurion Lounge locations, you must have a global The Platinum Card® from American Express, The Business Platinum Card® from American Express, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve American Express Card, Delta SkyMiles® Reserve Business American Express Card, or be a Centurion® Member. Terms and conditions apply.
Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge or Escape Lounge – The Centurion® Studio Partner when you book a Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
In addition to the anticipated DCA Centurion Lounge, The Centurion Lounge has also recently opened at Denver International Airport (DIA) and John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK). London’s Heathrow Airport (LHR) joined the list of The Centurion Lounge locations in 2021.
Current lounges can be found at the following airports:
- Denver International Airport (DIA)
- John F. Kennedy Airport (JFK)
- LaGuardia Airport (LGA)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Miami International Airport (MIA)
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
- George Bush International Airport (IAH)
- Hong Kong International Airport (HKG)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
- Philadelphia International Airport (PHL)
You can see which lounges are open here.
The DCA Centurion Lounge as well as the expansions at SEA and SFO are expected to be completed and opened by the end of 2022. Also, American Express is promoting health and safety with their Centurion Lounge Commitment to keep spaces safe, clean, and welcoming. Cardmembers can also download the American Express app for contactless check-in.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.