Waikiki is one of the most popular vacation spots in the world, and I know that a lot of our readers go or have gone there. I’m fortunate to visit multiple times a year, so I know some things about the place that even some locals don’t—like how you can call ahead and pre-order from Island Vintage Coffee, the wildly popular coffee/food spot in the Royal Hawaiian Center.
There’s almost always a line out the door as customers, are jonesing for their açai bowls, poke bowls, salads, and more. If you don’t want to waste 15 minutes of your life waiting in a slow line, you can simply call in your order ahead of time. I have the Island Vintage number (808-926-5662) programmed in my phone since I go almost every morning I’m in Waikiki for a tasty acai bowl ($10).
Prep takes about 5-15 minutes. So I don’t get a lot of eye darts, I go to pick up my order through the side entrance and then wait a few feet from the cash register until the cashier finishes with the current customer. Just before the next customer is called, I ask where I can pay for my takeout order, and they always say, “Right here,” and usher me forward. It’s one of my favorite Waikiki tips.
Have your own tip? Email it to email@example.com!
Want to see more tips? Click here for all 1,369!
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.