This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Good news Delta Air Lines fans! The Delta American Express business and personal credit cards are currently offering the ability to earn up to 80,000 bonus SkyMiles. However, this impressive limited-time offer ends on July 2, 2019. That’s less than a week away.
Editor’s Note: Some of the offers below may have expired or are no longer available on our site.
To get the full 80,000 bonus amount, you will need to apply for one of the eligible Delta credit card offers — the business versions of the Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve — and meet the spending requirements. However, you can still earn between 60,000 and 75,000 SkyMiles from one of the personal Delta credit card offers during this promotion.
Since American Express credit cards only let you earn a particular credit card’s bonus offer “once in a lifetime,” this is one of the best times to apply for a branded Delta credit card offer. Award flights start at 5,000 SkyMiles so you can do the math of how much this bonus can be worth. But, if each point is redeemed at 1.5 cents each, the 80k bonus can be worth approximately $1,200 in award flights.
These are some of the best credit cards offers (June 2019) and are likely going to be the best we see for Delta in 2019.
Further Details of the Delta Credit Card Offers (Expired)
Here is a quick rundown of each credit card bonus offer:
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express: Earn 60,000 miles after spending $2,000 within the first 3 months of account opening; earn a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within first 3 months
- Gold Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express: Earn 70,000 miles after spending $4,000 in the first 3 months; earn a $50 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within the first 3 months
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express: Earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 75,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months; earn a $100 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within the first 3 months
- Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Business Credit Card from American Express: Earn 80,000 miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $6,000 in first 3 months; earn a $100 statement credit after making a Delta purchase within the first 3 months
- Delta Reserve® Credit Card from American Express: Earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 75,000 miles after spending $5,000 in the first 3 months
- Delta Reserve® for Business Credit Card from American Express: Earn 80,000 miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after spending $6,000 in the first 3 months
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve credit cards also offer additional card benefits the Gold Delta SkyMiles credit card doesn’t offer. For instance, each card anniversary you receive a roundtrip companion certificate. All you need to do is book your seat and your companion’s seat only costs up to $75 in fees and taxes.
Finally, all of these cards waive the first checked bag fee for the primary cardholder and up to 8 companions.
Summary of Getting 80,000 Bonus SkyMiles
This limited time welcome bonus offer goes away on July 2, 2019. If you can make the minimum spend on your new credit card, now is a good time to apply. This is one of the summer’s best credit card welcome bonuses.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.