We signed up for a two-hour desert safari excursion which cost 175 Ddirhams (about $59 USD). Our driver was from Pakistan and was so cool since he acted like a kid. He loved to drive and show off his skills on the sand dunes. We weren’t even supposed to do dune bashing because-they usually do it in the evening when it’s easier to see the ridges and colors -but he took us on a couple rides up and down the dunes. First he had to let out some air pressure from the tires so we wouldn’t flip. He said he could “surf” dunes a 130 meters high (400 feet), which I can’t imagine because we were doing some that were 45 meters and that was high enough for me. At one point I said it’s like a roller coaster and he quipped, “like an out-of-control roller coaster”. Well said. FYI: He’s never seen anyone flip. For more see my post on Qasr Al Sarab resort.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.