This story was first posted on November 19, 2012. It was updated on April 17, 2019.
When I arrived at the St. Regis Bal Harbour I posted a comment on my Facebook page stating that “I’m pretty sure South Florida has the worst drivers in the United States. Agree or disagree?” It was not only because of the hour-long drive down from Delray Beach during which I feared for my life but also based on my past experiences here, as well.
While cruising in the middle lane going the speed of traffic (around 65mph) I saw a car’s headlights rapidly approaching on the right side. The driver must’ve been going around 100mph because he flew by as he weaved between lanes without a turn signal. If going at Formula One speeds wasn’t bad enough, passing on the righthand side (unless you’re in England, Australia…) is a huge no-no. It wasn’t just him either; others followed and day after day I continue to see at least one driver drive like this.
When I posted that South Florida drivers are the worst on my Facebook page, I wasn’t expecting the onslaught of comments. Most of my friends agreed with me but others made arguments for their home states like Massachusetts, New Jersey, Georgia, North Carolina, Michigan, Southern California…
So what do you think? Take this poll and we’ll see what the consensus is! Do you agree that South Florida has the worst drivers? If not, nominate another city or state in the comments below!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.