Did you know that February 17 is Random Act of Kindness Day? In the spirit, luggage company Briggs & Riley (a personal favorite) is running its fifth-annual “A Case for Giving” program throughout the month of February.
Here’s how it works: If you have a spare/old/etc. piece of rolling luggage you’d like to donate, you simply bring it to a participating luggage store sometime before February 28. Once you’ve turned it in, you’ll receive a credit that you can put toward a new Briggs & Riley bag. For an old Briggs & Riley bag, you’ll get a $100 credit, while all other brands of bags will earn you a $50 credit.
The program benefits more than 100 charity partners including the Make-A-Wish Foundation, the Salvation Army and Goodwill, as well as local foster homes, women’s shelters, coalitions for the homeless, and more. Last year more than 1,500 pieces of gently used luggage were given to those in need.
For more information, including where you can drop off a bag, see the program page here.
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Just fill in your email address and check the Daily Travel Tip box—and you’ll have Johnny’s best tips, straight to your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check the Daily Travel Tip box on the same page and you’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.