Don’t Let Winter Weather Böögg You Down
The April 15th festival known as Sechseläuten (pronounced zecks-e-loyten) which takes place in Zurich, Switzerland heralds the end of winter and the beginning of spring. Tradition holds that an effigy representing winter, known as a Böögg, be burned. The longer it takes the Böögg to burn, the colder the summer. Judging from what most of the U.S. has experienced this winter, it could be a long time before all the snow has melted away.
But never fear! I’ve partnered with SWISS, the flag bearing airline of Switzerland, and Switzerland Tourism to help get you in the spring spirit. After all, there is no better time to visit Europe than spring and Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries on the continent.
Here is what the lucky winner will get: 2 round-trip tickets on SWISS to Switzerland (approx. value $3000 each*) and 2 First Class 8-day Swiss Rail Passes, which includes free entry to over 400 museums! To enter, sign up for my newsletter and use the form below as usual. There are additional chances to enter if you like me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter. You can also like and follow SWISS on Facebook and Twitter for entries, and tweet about the contest for more chances to win. That’s a total of 6 chances to win!
Because this prize is so amazing, SWISS and I want you to briefly tell us why you want to go to Switzerland. There’s a place for you to use on the form. Please be creative and sincere. “Just to go,” isn’t going to cut it.
Enter by midnight on April 14th. A winner will be announced on the 15th, just in time for Sechseläuten!
* The prize letter expires one year after the date it is issued. Taxes and fees apply, but SWISS will waive the fuel surcharge
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.