This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Privacy is a big concern these days, whether you’re at home or on the road. There are so many ways that people today need to think about privacy issues, whether that’s securing your WiFi and account logins or reconsidering the information you share publicly online. But another privacy concern that I’ve been aware of for a long time is an easy one to address.
Have you ever been at an airport or on a plane and can easily see the phone or laptop screen of the person beside you or in front of you? Just recently, a story came went viral about a passenger who was texting someone and telling them that she (and her family) had Covid but were still flying. You can read about that here. But the passenger behind her could see her phone and read her messages. They snapped photos of her conversation, which revealed that she and her family were knowingly traveling Covid-positive (another conversation for another time).
But this reminded me about a product I always use when I travel: A privacy screen for my laptop. But you can also get privacy screens for your phone, too, which is a great idea, especially when you’re traveling and always have people nearby, at the airport, in security and customs line, at the gate, on the plane. Anyone can be looking over your shoulder at any time. It actually amazes me how many times I’ve been able to read someone’s screen on a plane and how many times I’ve seen confidential information, from banking info to a Hollywood actor’s script!
Now, hopefully you’re not texting about knowingly flying with Covid! But whatever you’re doing on your phone or computer can be easily concealed from prying eyes with privacy screens for your phone and laptop.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.