Yesterday, I featured my 10 tips for sleeping on a plane. I know these days, not everyone has time to read a long article, so I’m singling out tip number 10 as a standalone since it’s so important.
When I fly (and even when I’m home), I try to avoid taking any kind of medication. Period. In fact, I’ve never even taken a sleeping pill or melatonin, which I know many people rely on to help them get through long flights.
But even if I were desperate and going to take a sleeping pill or any other medication, you can bet I wouldn’t take them for the first time while on a plane, just in case I had some kind of adverse reaction. I would want to be on the ground with access to medical attention and not hurtling through the air at 500 miles per hour.
So always consult your doctor before taking any medication and test out any new prescriptions or over the counter medications for the first time before flying to make sure you’re safe and don’t have any adverse reactions.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.