This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Disclosure, visit this page.
Chase is now offering select credit card members a free DoorDash DashPass subscription for up to 12 months. It’s possible to enjoy unlimited $0 delivery fees as a DashPass subscriber. Not having to pay for this premium perk means you can save $9.99 per month.
If you own a qualifying Chase credit card, you have until December 31, 2021, to activate this offer. DoorDash restaurant partners include Chipotle, The Cheesecake Factory, Cracker Barrel, P.F. Chang’s, and other national or local brands.
Free DoorDash DashPass for 1 Year
Your DashPass subscription is free for 12 months when you own one of these two credit cards (which are also some of the best Chase credit cards available):
You have until December 31, 2021, to activate your free 12-month subscription.
In addition to waiving the $4-$5 delivery fee on orders above $12, your DoorDash purchases will earn up to 3 Ultimate Rewards points per $1 when paying with your Chase Sapphire Reserve.
Chase Sapphire Preferred cardholders get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash’s subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21. Cardholders can also earn 5x points on Lyft rides through March 2022.
Let’s not forget about all the bonus points you earn from your travel purchases as well. Plus, both of these cards offer other benefits that can save you money while traveling. Two perks include complimentary travel insurance and car rental insurance.
Compare the Chase Sapphire Reserve vs Chase Sapphire Preferred if you aren’t sure which card is better for you.
Discounted DoorDash DashPass
Select Chase credit cards with no annual fee also qualify for discounted DashPass subscription. The first 3 months are free followed by a 50% discount ($4.50 per month) for the next 9 months. You then pay the regular $9.99 per month to maintain your DashPass after the first-year introductory rate.
You will enjoy this discounted access with these cards:
- Chase Freedom® credit card
- Chase Freedom Flex℠
- Chase Freedom Unlimited® credit card
- Chase Freedom® Student credit card
- Chase Slate® credit card
No Delivery Fees
The DashPass waives the DoorDash delivery fees on orders of at least $12. You will need to look for restaurants with the blue checkmark logo to find qualifying vendors. Other service fees may still apply for these orders. This is a convenient way to order delivery when at home, work, or traveling.
DashPass normally costs $9.99 per month and the average delivery fee is between $4 and $5 per order. Using DoorDash at least 3 times monthly lets you benefit from this premium service. Of course, the Chase benefit means you can begin maximizing your free DoorDash DashPass immediately.
After the Chase introductory offer ends, your subscription will renew at the standard monthly rate ($9.99/per month). You can cancel your subscription anytime without penalty.
Related article: Best credit cards for dining and restaurants
Another way you can save money with the Chase credit cards is the Chase Offers. You can activate these curated offers to save money at restaurants, retail stores, and digital services. Redeeming in offer results in an extra cash statement credit.
However, the exact offers you receive depend on which Chase card you have. Visit your account in the Chase mobile app or online website to see the current offers.
Summary of DoorDash DashPass For Free
Chase credit cards are already some of the best credit cards you can own. Plus, this free DoorDash DashPass benefit is another valuable perk if you order food delivery regularly. DashPass is one of the easiest ways to avoid delivery fees for the next year.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Review
- Chase Sapphire Reserve Review
- How hard is it to get the Chase Freedom Card?
Want even more travel tips? Sign up here for the Daily Travel Tip newsletter! Enter your email address and check “Daily Travel Tip” to receive Johnny’s best tips in your inbox each day!
If you already subscribe to our weekly newsletter, you can sign up on the same page. Just fill in your email and check “Daily Travel Tip” on the same page. You’ll receive an email with a link to update your JohnnyJet.com preferences. On that page, just click the Daily Travel Tip box and Update Profile.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.